Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to this site, I learned about ScytheKick, available at the App Store. I downloaded it and set up a solo game against two Automa at normal level. What a blast!

First, I learned some subtle rules errors I had been making, because the app showed me the correct moves for the automas. I was also able to keep a running score through my 22-turn game. That helped shape strategy and timing a lot.

The app is cool, because it allows you to track the game on a map and does the automa moves automatically. Pretty sweet.

I played Innovative Rusviet against Polania and the Nordic Kingdoms. I won with 81 points (the Factory, all mechs, all enlistments, all workers, two victories, and max popularity.) There were some fierce battles around the Factory, and it changed hands four or five times. Toward the end, the two automas went at each other. Polania attacked the Nordic Kingdoms, who just relocated their workers and kept expanding.

Very fun game with the app!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be great if the app were available for android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pasquinelli
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
styates wrote:

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
pasquy wrote:
styates wrote:

+1

Any news on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Howard
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agree. I used it once so far and it was great . I’ve always had trouble remembering and learning how how to place automa.
There’s still some things not I need to work out with it but it’s very well done .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wrong One wrote:
pasquy wrote:
styates wrote:

+1

Any news on this?

According to the developer, the Android version should become available sometime in January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The app is really cool... the only downside is how much the developer is charging for every upgrade in the in-app purchase.
Early Adopter upgrade - can't remember exact price but around $4?
Automa Helper upgrade - $3.99
Wind Gambit expansion - $2.79
Over $10 to have a fully functional Scythekick app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C
msg tools
mbmbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
Thanks to this site, I learned about ScytheKick, available at the App Store. I downloaded it and set up a solo game against two Automa at normal level. What a blast!

First, I learned some subtle rules errors I had been making, because the app showed me the correct moves for the automas. I was also able to keep a running score through my 22-turn game. That helped shape strategy and timing a lot.

The app is cool, because it allows you to track the game on a map and does the automa moves automatically. Pretty sweet.

I played Innovative Rusviet against Polania and the Nordic Kingdoms. I won with 81 points (the Factory, all mechs, all enlistments, all workers, two victories, and max popularity.) There were some fierce battles around the Factory, and it changed hands four or five times. Toward the end, the two automas went at each other. Polania attacked the Nordic Kingdoms, who just relocated their workers and kept expanding.

Very fun game with the app!

Thanks for the feedback I'm glad you like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C
msg tools
mbmbmb
reemer wrote:
The Wrong One wrote:
pasquy wrote:
styates wrote:

+1

Any news on this?

According to the developer, the Android version should become available sometime in January.

Early 2018. We'll try to be as early as we can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C
msg tools
mbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
The app is really cool... the only downside is how much the developer is charging for every upgrade in the in-app purchase.

Indie app pricing is hard. A lot of work goes into each of the updates, and the number of Scythe players isn't as much as say, some generic iOS app. I really appreciate all the support though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Auton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dboyee wrote:

I dont think it's a downside - as a developer myself a lot has probably gone into this app - especially the logic around Automa movement. It makes my games flow so much quicker - $10 is only a pint or two of beer.

+1 to the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I think the price for the entire app is negligible, given what it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Howard
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Completely agree. This is so worth it . Playing against a bunch of automa at once with ease is totally worth it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am enjoying the app, but I had a question:

I rarely get to finish a game in one sitting - often it is over the course of two nights or something like that. This week, I was dismayed to find that the Automa deck had vanished between sessions - so I no longer had a record of what Automa cards had already been drawn the previous night. The screen just had text where the Automa deck was that said "Pick Automa to start a deck" or something to that effect.

Is there a way around this, so that the deck state is saved and persistent and doesn't "time out" if you have to leave mid-game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine keeps the game running, although one time it suddenly dropped a bunch of turns.

Maybe your phone reset?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s my iPad and it did it again tonight. The Automa deck was gone and it said “use the faction picker to create and reset Automa players” as if I had not been playing with one for half a game already. It’s a drag because I was looking forward to playing with two Automas but I don’t want to lose my game half way through if I have to walk away in the middle. Frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C
msg tools
mbmbmb
hmm. It should only do that if you actually force quit the app. If the app is backgrounded, it should retain the state when you go back to it.

Do you leave the iPad with the app running? While unlikely, its possible there is an issue there, a work around might be to press the home button when temporarily done, which will force everything to be saved.

Otherwise, any ideas on what might be happening on your iPad that could cause that?

Any chance the iPad had the os update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is an older third generation iPad. So could be OS version? I can’t run the latest version

Edit: good news! I pressed the home button last night before locking the iPad and tonight the deck was still there. I will just make a point to always hit the home button if I have to stop mid game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maskerade
United Kingdom
Newport
S Wales
flag msg tools
Here's the Android version.
Haven't tried it myself.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cherna.scy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maynor
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. This looks awesome. Even to add a bit of variety and turn a 2 player game into a 3. Have to give it a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Any instructions for using this? I can get through most of the settings and cards, but wondering how to input board state, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sure. I owe everyone a little video tutorial.

Automa Helper Information:
- The new Automa Helper Upgrade is available starting today as an In-App Purchase on iOS devices. It requires already having the Premium or Early Adopter Upgrades.
- It automatically picks up the available Automa move actions and riverwalk state from the active Automa player and switches to that faction.
- You can switch factions to edit positions of human players on the board and indicate if the human players have riverwalk. You can switch factions by clicking the Faction badge (or Choose Faction button) and select one of the home bases or an occupied territory.
- Tap the unit using the unit selector on the bottom right, and then tap the territories to toggle the unit. You can't have more than 8 workers, 4 mechs and 1 character.
- The Helper doesn't track if you have multiple workers or mechs in a territory, although it will count how many an Automa has on its home base.
- Moves are solved by tapping the appropriate move action button. Filled yellow highlights show the source territory, and solid brown outlines show the destination territories. If there is more than one, they are highlighted with a number indicating the order to resolve them. Filled and solid highlights indicates there is a move, but to the same territory. Dashed outlines show an alternate move for airships. Tap the a outlined territory to perform the move.
- For Encounter/Factory actions, the first available Factory or Encounter should be chosen in the order indicated, if available. Togawa sometimes gets an additional territory to rearm a trap if an encounter is not available. Togawa traps are automatically placed when it's character does an Encounter/Factory move. The Helper tracks whether an encounter tokens or Factory cards has been taken.
- For Attack Worker actions, the order indicates the tie breaker, but you should choose the territory with the most resources among the highlighted ones.
- For Attack Combat Unit actions, the order indicates the tie breaker, but you should choose the territory with the fewest combat units among the highlighted ones.
- For Automa initiated combat, the Helper automatically moves the units depending on who won or lost.
- The text will indicate whether an airship move should be made. Tap the Move Airship action. Some airship moves involve intermediate territories or a second move as indicated.
- Automa worker and combat unit gains are automatically placed on the map.
- There is a setting to indicate if Automa will treat other Automa as friendly units for combat unit moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up about a month ago...just tried it once, but it's very nicely done. One question...it didn't look like you could pick the faction and then the player mat. I might have been doing it wrong, but I had to cycle through a ton of combos to get what I was looking for. Is there an easier way to do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Mason
Scotland
flag msg tools
Just a quick question to ensure I’m using the iOS app correctly - do the selected airship & resolution cards have any effect on how the app plays?

eg With Factory Explosion, is there a way that you indicate to the app that the card has been triggered so that it allows two further rounds before it reaches the end & returns any workers/mechs/characters within the factory radius to the home base because of the explosion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C
msg tools
mbmbmb
madDdog67 wrote:
I picked this up about a month ago...just tried it once, but it's very nicely done. One question...it didn't look like you could pick the faction and then the player mat. I might have been doing it wrong, but I had to cycle through a ton of combos to get what I was looking for. Is there an easier way to do it?

You can swipe up and down on the faction and mat images to individually select the combos you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.