Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the current expansions for this game however with all the great games out there this only gets played in spurts. My question does the game work by just adding the extra two faction thirty card decks or should I also do something else... we don’t really wanna deck build and just wanna grab a few factions and play on occasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. The new factions are not balanced relative to the original four, but games are still fun. We don't deckbuild every time, but it can be fun to craft your deck once you know each faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisztian Posch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You will need at least a little bit of deck building to include the faction specific cards to the deck of the other factions (e.g., if you want to play the Aztecs, you should consider adding the Aztecs' cards to the other factions' deck whilst discarding the corresponding number of cards from each deck).

My recommendation is to play with the base game as long as you feel comfortable with those four factions, then include the new ones. The familiarity with the base game's factions will make the deck building a breeze not a chore. Hope this helps! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Lynch
Canada
Canning
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks ... I personally love deck crafting but in this case was looking for away that my teens and I could just grab a faction and play without having to make changes first.

Doesn’t seem like my want is a viable option though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Little
United States
Corinne
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took some time and built new faction decks for most of the factions to include the new stuff and now I just grab what I have and play. I would recommend crafting a set of decks so that the game stays balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.