Betrayal at Baldur's Gate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Haunt 47 - Mark of Baphomet questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr Clapdog
Australia
flag msg tools
Spoilers obviously for haunt 47.

The set up for this haunt had us confused.
1. Non-traitor characters are required to drop all items. Would this include item-like omens? What about companions? (card text says they cannot be dropped).

2. All characters start by running in fear as far as their speed allows from the Minotaur. If a player is already as far away as possible on revealed tiles, would you explore new tiles? Would you trigger events? If you don't explore new tiles, then anyone at a "dead end" just picks up all their items again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Joy
msg tools
1: yes, all items and omens are dropped, Tome rules override card rules.
2: I think room discovery would not happen. Imagine the hilarity of discovering 8 rooms in one turn. But you could reveal the rooms as you run and then on subsequent turns "discover" what is in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I think card rules override book rules. Left inset on page 11 of the rules. So I think don't drop items that say you can't.

2. Flipping rooms seems like it should not be possible.

And 3... we had a hard time figuring out how to run "away" from the minotaur. Two of our characters were as many moves away from the minataur as possible when the haunt started. Were we supposed to relocate everyone to the same tile at the beginning of the haunt? If so, can you point out where it says that in the rules? That's what we ended up doing, but my character's 2 speed meant I was immediately killed on the minataur's first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.