Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike rope and wire cutters no escape markers are used for keys and passes. Does that mean each POW must have their own pass and keys? Each their own pass makes sense but keys don't. Once the door is unlocked just keep it that way or leave it ajar.

I'd like to house rule it to an escape marker can be placed on locked doors as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Kamp

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you are trying to escape prison you don't want leave any trace. By leaving a key in place or leaving the door left ajar they will know something is going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gos314 wrote:
I think if you are trying to escape prison you don't want leave any trace. By leaving a key in place or leaving the door left ajar they will know something is going on.

Sure but if each POW is right behind the other and they pass the lock within the same turn that sure seems reasonable. Think I'll house rule it to allow any to pass through the same door on the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Infinger
msg tools
The doors in the courtyard area were frequently checked by the guards according to the book on the castle and the possession of a key would be a very guarded secret. So I would assume leaving a door unlocked would be huge no-no. Unless the escapees are going through on same divided roll I would not allow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Vero
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It seems to me that a playable and "real world" house rule would be to allow more than one meeple through on the same dice roll using only a single *key* (of course, this means they don't get to move far because they are splitting the roll).

I would not extend this to passes, as in most real-world cases this would be likely to be showing your ID papers as much as an actual pass stating "I am allowed to go through here".

To avoid it becoming too easy, I would also not extend it to the whole of a turn. For example, if a roll of 3-3 is made, then two meeples can pass through the same door using a single key card, then the dice are re-rolled. You can't get one through the door on the first roll, then roll again and take a second through. otherwise this become a case of "I have a single key card, now all I need is to wait for a double".
Of course, the double is still useful as it offsets the need to share the dice roll with the promise of more pips to come (but a risk of only getting a low roll second time round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but I think the game is broken. I experimented by giving the POWs the maximum 36 movement points. I then set all my prisoners up where ever I wanted to within the castle. Then the guards got to setup where ever they legally could. I gave myself as many ropes and items as I needed. I set the round marker at 20 (because doing all this would have taken many turns) and set out on my 36 moves. I didn't use any tunnels because there's no certainty you'll ever get any. It's still not possible to get two guys out on those 36 moves. Try it you'll see. Seems the game requires at least one tunnel escape and certain cards in-order to win. If you don't get those cards I don't think you can win without the guard player playing poorly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.