Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Rayguns and Rocketships» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions before my first game tomorrow. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, going to try this out two player tomorrow for the first time and I have a few questions.

1. The captain ability "Skilled Cannoneer - Spend 1 Action Token to take a second shot with each raygun this turn", does the captain himself have to be manning the gun or can it be any crew member to benefit from the ability?

2. I want to make sure I understand ship combat correctly. You can attack multiple ships as long as you are in range, and only one ship can be attacked per side per side? What about the green faction with the center gun? Could they attack a second ship on the same side as one of your other guns?

3. If I choose to attack a raygun on an enemy ship with two rayguns on my side, and roll two hits, but they only have one raygun on the same side I am firing on, does the extra damage get lost or does it go to the hull?

After my play if I come across anything else I shall ask. Thanks ahead of time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"]Hey guys, going to try this out two player tomorrow for the first time and I have a few questions.


Thanks for buying the game! I hope you enjoy playing.

Quote:
1. The captain ability "Skilled Cannoneer - Spend 1 Action Token to take a second shot with each raygun this turn", does the captain himself have to be manning the gun or can it be any crew member to benefit from the ability?


The captain (Count Ventura) must be manning a raygun to use this ability.

Quote:
2. I want to make sure I understand ship combat correctly. You can attack multiple ships as long as you are in range, and only one ship can be attacked per side per side? What about the green faction with the center gun? Could they attack a second ship on the same side as one of your other guns?


As long as it is in range, Rocketships may only shoot at 1 target (in a barrage) per valid facing side. For example, the Astro Ranger and Zard rocketships may shoot at two targets only if there are two valid tagets (one valid target on the left side and one valid target on the right).

The Star Pirate rocketship may shoot at up to three targets (if they have rayguns on each side as well as the front raygun in place) - one on the left, one on the right, one on the front.

The Blaarg saucer is an exception as it’s belly turret allows for one raygun that can shoot in 360 degrees.

Quote:
3. If I choose to attack a raygun on an enemy ship with two rayguns on my side, and roll two hits, but they only have one raygun on the same side I am firing on, does the extra damage get lost or does it go to the hull?


In a previous post, I said yes. But I realized it was a mistake and the damage is lost. If you would like to house rule it that way, go right ahead.

Quote:
After my play if I come across anything else I shall ask. Thanks ahead of time.


My pleasure.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott. I can't wait to check it out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.