Subject: Reloaded Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Berkeley
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, me and my brother are trying to work through the demo game, and we keep running in to little bumps that keep us from going further.

The current bump is that I'm trying to fight a Mancub with Dr Zeez. My brother is playing Gabriel, and he tries to Assist me and then use a Halligan Bar to give me another boost. So, just looking at the first thing. He assisted me, and I rolled a 2 for Mutation, meaning that I "reload" 1 random card. I cross-referenced Reload in the Glossary, and it says "Put a card on top of the deck." So...what deck? Am I reloading to the Nexus? Dr Zeez' draw pile? The Countdown Clock? Additionally, where am I getting the card from? Am I reloading from my hand? Am I reloading a previously defeated monster from the Nexus? From my Discard pile? I THINK I take a card from my hand and put it in my character's draw pile, but I can't find language to support that rule.

Additionally, the Halligan Bar, the first symbol is a circle with an arrow going left, right, and down, which isn't a symbol on the reference card. There's a down symbol, which I assume means that he can use it on himself. And there's a left and right, which I assume means he can also play it on saints to his left or right. Then it says "Recycle" which I guess means that this card goes to the bottom of his deck when he plays it instead of going to the discard pile. Then it says the Active Saint adds 1 Body or Rage die, which is straightforward, but then it says "If you are not skilled in Strike, (you) suffer 1 Body damage. Who is "you?" Is it the person who played the card or the person who is benefitting from the card? I assume it's who played the card, but the word "you" is used in some cases right after the symbol for the Active Saint, and then the symbol "you" is used later in the same description.

We've been hitting a lot of missteps like this, and I feel like I can't get the rest of my group in to this game until I get the kinks worked out personally, so we're trying to power through it. I'd appreciate any help I can get, though I'm fairly certain I'll have a few more questions before this demo game is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are reloading a card from your hand onto the top of your draw deck.

Sometimes the symbols on a card combine multiple symbols from the reference card. You interpreted the symbols correctly.

You are correct about recycling the card.

I could be wrong on this one, but I believe in this case "You" refers to the active saint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
"You" is the saint who played the card. "They" is the card target, often the active saint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, here's another "you" thread. (If it doesn't, I take full responsibility.)

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1841630/symbols-right-colon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.