Subject: Congrats to Isaac! Gloomhaven hits #1 on BGG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's official Gloomhaven topped the charts today - congrats Isaac you deserve it! The best game I have ever played for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Rodríguez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came to post this, too. Congrats Isaac!! Well deserved position!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Weber
msg tools
badge
Let's Go BLues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful way to ring in the New Year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but I don't trust people who only rate Pandemic Legacy a 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Tangen
msg tools
I can't help but think people went to downrate Pandemic, as it suddenly jumped down by a few points when it's been stable for so long, likely to ensure that gloomhaven passes it today. Not happy about that.

Regardless, Gloomhaven taking the top spot is well deserves and was bound to happen. I have two copies, have played a whole lot with one crew and can't wait to start with another. Congratulations, Isaac. You have created something truly special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:

This post is not about what I think about Pandemic Legacy ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutripper wrote:
wkover wrote:

This post is not about what I think about Pandemic Legacy ...

But it will be... trust me... this is the internet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Meyers
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lmtb wrote:
I can't help but think people went to downrate Pandemic, as it suddenly jumped down by a few points when it's been stable for so long, likely to ensure that gloomhaven passes it today. Not happy about that.

Regardless, Gloomhaven taking the top spot is well deserves and was bound to happen. I have two copies, have played a whole lot with one crew and can't wait to start with another. Congratulations, Isaac. You have created something truly special.

If you sort the ratings to just look at "1" ratings, there are a TON dated Dec 2017, and specific comments that they were rated that way to let Gloomhaven take the #1 spot.

Shame, people.

If a game is going to take the #1 spot, which Gloomhaven probably would have anyway, let it do it on it's own merits instead of pushing down the competition.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Heath
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
youtube.com/c/slickerdrips
badge
There's a new sheriff in town
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo congratulations Isaac!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
superiordata@yahoo.com
badge
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to Isaac! I liked Pandemic Legacy Season 1, but Gloomhaven has so much more depth and value in my opinion. Glad to see it on top!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berg von Linde
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceNut wrote:
lmtb wrote:

If you sort the ratings to just look at "1" ratings, there are a TON dated Dec 2017, and specific comments that they were rated that way to let Gloomhaven take the #1 spot.

Shame, people.

If a game is going to take the #1 spot, which Gloomhaven probably would have anyway, let it do it on it's own merits instead of pushing down the competition.

OP's rating is funny enough also dec 17

Well, the same thing happened when PanLegacy took the number one spot. Twilight Struggle, Panlegacy 1 and Gloomhaven are all fantastic and deserving titles.
Congratulations to Isaac who took a risk in creating something so large and unique, glad it paid off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceNut wrote:
lmtb wrote:

Shame, people.

To be fair when Pandemic Legacy took the 1 spot Twilight Struggle had the same thing happen to it. Also if you look at the Gloomhaven scores there are a ton of 1 votes for the purpose of preventing its rise. This is just the nature of the rating system here on BGG and as far as I’m concerned it all ends up being a wash since there are passionate people doing it for all the popular games (both up and down voting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lmtb wrote:

There definitely was some strange ratings movement the last few days for both games (gloomhaven almost stopped moving for 4 days) - but for some reason there was a huge surge of votes yesterday for Gloomhaven (I think around 200 votes?) and even if PL1 had stayed steady (at 8.499) Gloomhaven would have been #1 today with the jump to 8.508 it just had.

Ratings aside what matters the most is what people feel about the games they play - their own rating is the one they should care about however different it might be from the overall rating.

I love Gloomhaven and just want to congratulate Isaac on his success and thank him for making such a fun game that so many of us love. I personally think it's a well deserved #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn R.
msg tools
Not that I mind, Gutripper, but did you have to take my gyazo for this post? Couldn't you have made your own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Dr. Childres!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William A
United States
Mount Clare
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just took this screenshot. How is Gloomhaven #1 on the list of games and yet #2 in the overall rank on it's entry page? Shouldn't they be the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:

You're right. It's maybe a 7. It's Pandemic + Common Tropes. At the end of the day though, it felt almost identical to regular Pandemic. Every single storytelling element has been overused (and overused recently) in movies, videogames, and books. The "new" rules" don't really kick in until the end game, and even then they were predictable. The falling cities was cute but just modified movement.

It was a cool advancement in gaming, but I'm more thankful to it for opening the floodgate of new possibilities (Charterstone for one) than for actually doing anything well. That said I'm liking Season 2 much more. It at least had the courage to do something distinct from base Pandemic.

acreman wrote:
Just took this screenshot. How is Gloomhaven #1 on the list of games and yet #2 in the overall rank on it's entry page? Shouldn't they be the same?

I think the rating on the actual game page takes a little time to update. Probably to prevent it from jumping back and forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelpetersen wrote:

Yeah funny enough I rated loads of games over the Christmas holidays, if you love Pandemic Legacy good for you, but I wasn't a fan of it for many reasons.

Am I on trial here for rating PL1 a 6 suddenly? Come on BGG you're better than that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Silva
Portugal
Matosinhos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
acreman wrote:

Was going to post the same observation.
It seems there is some delay in the synchronization of data.

and

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenesisLayana wrote:
Not that I mind, Gutripper, but did you have to take my gyazo for this post? Couldn't you have made your own?

I can't dance like Darth Vader ...

Where's yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Hernández
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Yay! I have been waiting for this for a long time. Gloomhaven really deserves it! While Pandemic: Legacy S1 was revolutionary and very well designed, Gloomhaven just has so much more to offer: much more theme (with a lot of custom art, better storytelling bits, higher involvement with the leveling-up of characters), variety (character customization, combos, enemies, maps), replayability (a ton of scenarios and characters, solo/casual mode, extensibility), etc. Add to it that you don't require a permanent group to play, and that the hidden information mitigates quarterbacking. And I personally feel like the core mechanics of Pandemic, while offering a solid coop gateway/family experience, do fall flat after some time in comparison with the adventure-filled, puzzle-based adventuring in Gloomhaven. Awesome news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:

As much as a 6? whistle

Seriously though, having played Pandemic, I have zero desire to play Pandemic Legacy and therefore won't rate it. Too many childish 1 ratings have been applied to both games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berg von Linde
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutripper wrote:
joelpetersen wrote:

Yeah funny enough I rated loads of games over the Christmas holidays, if you love Pandemic Legacy good for you, but I wasn't a fan of it for many reasons.

Am I on trial here for rating PL1 a 6 suddenly? Come on BGG you're better than that!

Oh you poor thing

Ofcourse people are going to poke fun at you for having rated PanLegacy in december
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artaterxes
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The top two games are both coop legacy... hmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iron Gates wrote:
The top two games are both coop legacy... hmm.

hmmm... maybe people like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.