Mississippi Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pushing someone with a speed of more then one onto a landing tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kiran Mohabir
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

Played this for the first time today. (I know, a bit late to the party).
My friend and I struggled at the end.
What happens when you push someone onto a landing tile when they have a speed of 2 or more?
Do they crash and lose all their passengers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corvine wrote:
What happens when you push someone onto a landing tile when they have a speed of 2 or more?

You can't push someone onto land. You must pick a water space. No crash, no loss of passengers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

That's a good question. Presumably you force them to turn and dump speed in order to land successfully?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

That's a good question. Presumably you force them to turn and dump speed in order to land successfully?

That would be the effective tactic: push the targeted boat away from the dock so that they have to come back around again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Mohabir
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

Thanks for the responses.
Just to clarify, when I say landing tile. I mean the tiles you land on to win the game.
For example, could I land on one of the end game tiles, with a speed of 2. And then next go, reduce my speed to 1. Then move to the next tile, to win the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Corvine wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the responses.
Just to clarify, when I say landing tile. I mean the tiles you land on to win the game.
For example, could I land on one of the end game tiles, with a speed of 2. And then next go, reduce my speed to 1. Then move to the next tile, to win the game?

Do you mean hex? If so the answer is no, you need to move your speed no matter what. So you likely have to turn in order to move your speed, and dock in a different hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Corvine wrote:

You do realize that you end the game in one of the three water hexes *in front* of the three landing dock platforms (that are covered in little tiny people on the ending tile), not on the ending tile itself. This was clarified here. So, no, they would not crash and lose their passengers. They would remain in the water (since you can never push anyone onto land). They would have to circle around (or else spend coal to turn) and still dock in one of the three water spaces, at speed one, to win. Or they could leave their speed above one, push you back out of the way, and try to win on their next turn. while you try to do the same. This back-and-forth could go on for a while so I would suggest the following:

Don't Push In Front of the Spectators Sportsmanship Rule.

Thematic and effective!

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.