Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I check the Geeklist titles every day from the front page. Generally, I try to support wargamers making them since we need more of them. And not to sound like a snob (guilty!) but I'm not really interested in reading about why folks love popular Euros - just not my thing.

So when I see a Geeklist of unplayed games, Top 100s, or such, it is going to go on for pages, and at 25 games per page, I take a quick look at the front page and if I don't see anything interesting, I move on. I don't want to take the time to scan 4 pages, knowing that many are going to be the same, although a few will not be that way.

I recently discovered this trick. I bet it's been out there for 10 years or so and I'm just really late to the party, but this is for those folks who want to scan them without going too far through them.

At the bottom of the header, click the "Titles Only" link and it will collapse the entire Geeklist into just the titles of the games listed (click the magnifying glass to see the image better):

If you see an interesting entry and want to jump straight to it, click the number on the left. For instance, on the example above, if you wanted to jump to We Must Tell the Emperor, click the "11" on the left of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
If you see an interesting entry and want to jump straight to it, click the number on the left. For instance, on the example above, if you wanted to jump to We Must Tell the Emperor, click the "11" on the left of it.

Better idea... right click it and open that entry in a new tab. Then you don't lose the index or your scroll position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools

airjudden wrote:
I check the Geeklist titles every day from the front page. Generally, I try to support wargamers making them since we need more of them. And not to sound like a snob (guilty!) but I'm not really interested in reading about why folks love popular Euros - just not my thing.

So when I see a Geeklist of unplayed games, Top 100s, or such, it is going to go on for pages, and at 25 games per page, I take a quick look at the front page and if I don't see anything interesting, I move on. I don't want to take the time to scan 4 pages, knowing that many are going to be the same, although a few will not be that way.

I recently discovered this trick. I bet it's been out there for 10 years or so and I'm just really late to the party, but this is for those folks who want to scan them without going too far through them.

At the bottom of the header, click the "Titles Only" link and it will collapse the entire Geeklist into just the titles of the games listed (click the magnifying glass to see the image better):

Thanks.
Didn't know that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered this a few years back when reading a math trade. It is quite helpful.

Is there a trick to getting BGG to let me know when a new wargaming GL has been posted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p38_Lightning wrote:
I discovered this a few years back when reading a math trade. It is quite helpful.

Is there a trick to getting BGG to let me know when a new wargaming GL has been posted?

When people were asking about something to do that some years back, I set up this: Wargamer's Guide to Wargaming Geeklists

The idea is, you subscribe to the metalist and get a ping every time a list is added. The trouble is it depends on whether people link their geeklists to it when they create them, and that doesn't happen on a consistent basis. If we had enough participation, it would work beautifully, but herding cats is tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say you check them from the front page, is there a way to just see the wargame GLs there? I just about never visit the front page, but maybe I should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
When you say you check them from the front page, is there a way to just see the wargame GLs there? I just about never visit the front page, but maybe I should.

Geeklists are just geeklists. They aren't categorized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thompson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
I lose all the games... It's fun but!
badge
... as in addicted to going fast... not the powder stuff... "ADICT" was the licence plate on my bike...
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Better idea... right click it and open that entry in a new tab. Then you don't lose the index or your scroll position.

Beat me to it thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
p38_Lightning wrote:

When people were asking about something to do that some years back, I set up this: Wargamer's Guide to Wargaming Geeklists

The idea is, you subscribe to the metalist and get a ping every time a list is added. The trouble is it depends on whether people link their geeklists to it when they create them, and that doesn't happen on a consistent basis. If we had enough participation, it would work beautifully, but herding cats is tough.

I've just noticed that when I created that geeklist, I put a suggestion in the header that people might want to use Titles Only to see the contents more easily.
I guess we've come come full circle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
airjudden wrote:
I check the Geeklist titles every day from the front page.

I recently discovered this trick. I bet it's been out there for 10 years or so and I'm just really late to the party...

Not as late as me. I didn't even know about Geeklists. I see the screen vomit that is the BGG homepage -- and quickly click away! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.