Subject: Chased by a monster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Stoddart
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mb
Assume I have been in a room fighting a monster. If I have initiative and move out of line of sight from the monster (by leaving the room)does the monster then follow me out of the room? I assume not as there is no line of sight but wanted to be sure I played this correctly. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the monster will follow you out, assuming you are the priority of focus. An enemy does not require LOS to focus and prioritize move, it just needs a potential hex to atk from while assuming unlimited movement. An enemy only needs LOS to atk, not move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
It follows you. Movement has nothing to do with line of sight. The only time LoS comes into play is ranged attacks. If it can't reach you (you being the player it would focus on by normal rules), it will move as far as it can towards you.

EDIT: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
it would chase you unless there was another enemy for it to focus on that it could attack with less movement. Focus is recalculated at the beginning of each action.

Being out of the line of sight doesn't take the focus off of you, so let's say you move 4 spaces to go around the corner (and out of LOS), and another character is in the same room as the monster (with a clear LOS between them), but is 6 spaces away. The monster would still focus on you (assuming the monster could also move 4 to get adjacent to you again, and that it didn't have a ranged attack)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.