Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Valor & Victory» Forums » General

Subject: KickStarter Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently supported "Platoon Commander Deluxe: Kursk" on Kickstarter. Just wanted to ask if anyone would support V&V on Kickstarter? Goals reached could include additional map boards or extra counters. Any thoughts?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Pacitto
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've done a bunch of KS deals and I am all set with KS. V&V is a neat game/ system, but you would need to make it multiply KS deals to keep the price and size down. I've done Old School Tactical and it's a GREAT system, but having limited forces and maps is making it expensive. I've got $225 bucks into OST and I have two (2) very limited groups of forces and areas of WW2.

I looked at the "Platoon Commander Deluxe: Kursk", but I had the game system as "Sticks N Stones" and it's a not that good IMO. Plus the counters (color and writing) suck.

Compare the counters to say CoH and they are small and really hard to see on a map board.


Plus waiting for KS deals to get printed is long and exhausting. I love Mark, but his KS deals always run behind
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
No, I don't have anyone to play it with and I can craft it myself for a fraction of the produced price. There are plenty of good tactical production games out there. It's nice to have a few pnp games available as well.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would support it, but I doubt Barry would want to pursue that. It would be a tremendous amount of work for him. I think it would be nice to have a place like Print and Play Productions to get a copy if you wanted to more "professional" copy. I kinda miss that
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richie61 wrote:
I've done a bunch of KS deals and I am all set with KS. V&V is a neat game/ system, but you would need to make it multiply KS deals to keep the price and size down. I've done Old School Tactical and it's a GREAT system, but having limited forces and maps is making it expensive. I've got $225 bucks into OST and I have two (2) very limited groups of forces and areas of WW2.

I looked at the "Platoon Commander Deluxe: Kursk", but I had the game system as "Sticks N Stones" and it's a not that good IMO. Plus the counters (color and writing) suck.

Compare the counters to say CoH and they are small and really hard to see on a map board.


Plus waiting for KS deals to get printed is long and exhausting. I love Mark, but his KS deals always run behind


But isn't Platoon Commander/SnS platoon level games (AKA Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader) and OST/COH squad level/individual vehicles game? I thought about OST, but the cost/limited forces and maps versus the money I invested in V&V still has me on the fence. With PCD:K, I got the game, all the goals, special dice and the strategy guide. Though May 2018 is along time to wait for delivery.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Pacitto
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
madhopper50 wrote:

But isn't Platoon Commander/SnS platoon level games (AKA Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader) and OST/COH squad level/individual vehicles game? I thought about OST, but the cost/limited forces and maps versus the money I invested in V&V still has me on the fence. With PCD:K, I got the game, all the goals, special dice and the strategy guide. Though May 2018 is along time to wait for delivery.


Yes, Platoon Commander is in the Panzer Blitz type games. The LnL "Nation At War Series" is the best of them all IMO. Great rules and counters too.

OST is a great system. I've got into ASL and the "Starter Kits", but I am thinking of going back to V&V. I can make anything I want and the rules are still kick azz. Seems silly of me to buy other squad games when we have V&V. Add a few tank rules from Stalin's Tanks and you are good to go

Good luck with the May 2018 date. OST II was May 2017 and I got mine November 03, 2017. Every KS deal I've been involved in was at least 6 plus months behind.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn’t support it, because despite Barry being a nice guy and making a great game... he never follows through on his plans for V&V. I just wouldn’t be confident I would receive anything.

Best thing Barry could do with his creation is to let a publisher have it (IMO)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True North Gamer
Canada
GTA
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
I would support it, but I doubt Barry would want to pursue that. It would be a tremendous amount of work for him. I think it would be nice to have a place like Print and Play Productions to get a copy if you wanted to more "professional" copy. I kinda miss that


I think Dan has the best suggestion by going through Print & Play Productions rather than a KS campaign. The counters and maps are already available so PnP Productions would be set.

Way back PnP Productions did sell V&V until they were told to stop by Barry I think.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10010110 wrote:
1932f20 wrote:
I would support it, but I doubt Barry would want to pursue that. It would be a tremendous amount of work for him. I think it would be nice to have a place like Print and Play Productions to get a copy if you wanted to more "professional" copy. I kinda miss that


I think Dan has the best suggestion by going through Print & Play Productions rather than a KS campaign. The counters and maps are already available so PnP Productions would be set.

Way back PnP Productions did sell V&V until they were told to stop by Barry I think.


I bought V&V via PnP Productions and since then, numerous maps and counters. My thoughts of a KS Campaign were to try to get semi-official standard factors for the counters and maybe additional scenarios & AFV rules. Since the original post, I've purchased "Old School Tactical" and I am hooked on the mechanics of OST.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True North Gamer
Canada
GTA
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
madhopper50 wrote:

I bought V&V via PnP Productions and since then, numerous maps and counters. My thoughts of a KS Campaign were to try to get semi-official standard factors for the counters and maybe additional scenarios & AFV rules.


At this point I would support anything to get a "production" version of V&V. It's really a nice system, too bad a gaming company isn't running with it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been asked to not print copies for people at this time.

But if that were to change, we would be more than happy to print this up in whatever format for people!

This is such a fun, clean little wargame, it deserves to go out to a wider audience!!!
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
I think it would be nice to have a place like Print and Play Productions to get a copy if you wanted to more "professional" copy. I kinda miss that


ninja
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AnglePark wrote:
1932f20 wrote:
I think it would be nice to have a place like Print and Play Productions to get a copy if you wanted to more "professional" copy. I kinda miss that


ninja


Barry said we could start printing this up for people again! Super pumped!
(Email me at my biz email for fastest response if you have questions: PrintPlayGames {AT} gmail )

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/valor-victory
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True North Gamer
Canada
GTA
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

This is fantastic news ...

Thank you Barry!

Thank you Andrew!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Pacitto
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very cool!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True North Gamer
Canada
GTA
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Richie61 wrote:
Very cool!


I have been waiting a long time for a "professional" copy and now PnP Productions will be able to supply my needs.

Now I need to see how much "wallet" hurt I want to subject myself too ... lol
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, all those Leader counters need updating to 1-3-1 in my box... ninja
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.