4 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hey can I get a Do-Over - When can I use this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Fraser
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Deadpool's card "Hey can I get a do-over" allows you to discard the rest of your hand and draw 4 new cards.

Do I need to take that into consideration when playing it? I mean specifically in relation to the "You can only attack a villain if you have at least as much attack as the villain's attack." rule.

What happens if I attack a villain with 3 attack by using this card first, then draw 4 cards which have 0 attack...

Or do I need to attack a villain with no more than 2 attack to be able to use this card? Since I can never guarantee what I'll be drawing next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monged4life wrote:
Deadpool's card "Hey can I get a do-over" allows you to discard the rest of your hand and draw 4 new cards.

Do I need to take that into consideration when playing it? I mean specifically in relation to the "You can only attack a villain if you have at least as much attack as the villain's attack." rule.

What happens if I attack a villain with 3 attack by using this card first, then draw 4 cards which have 0 attack...

Or do I need to attack a villain with no more than 2 attack to be able to use this card? Since I can never guarantee what I'll be drawing next?

You can "play" the card (basically lay it down) without being able to use its attack. This is one reason you "play" cards in order -- so that the effects are carried out in logical order. But the total fight value that results from all your card plays can be added up to fight a villain, the same way recruit points are added up to recruit a hero.

So in your example, you'd end up with only 2 attack, and not be able to fight the villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don’t play cards to fight or recruit. You play cards to generate two pools of points, from which you can, at any time, spend points to fight or recruit.

Some card games with a similar design actually give you little money or strength or influence tokens as you play cards.

So you play the card, get some points, do what it says on the card, and carry on. Spend those points on fighting or recruiting whenever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fraser
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fantastic, thank you!

I misread the "you cant fight unless you'd win" thing as meaning you couldn't play any attack cards unless they'd be used to defeat someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls