BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Seeking Play Testers

Subject: Deck of Many Dungeons (PnP/TTS) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Perry
United States
flag msg tools
What's this game about?

Deck of Many Dungeons is a 1-2 player solo/cooperative dungeon-crawling adventure in just 54 cards. Players explore a dungeon, fight fearsome monsters, level up, and learn new abilities. A typical game takes around 45 minutes -- less if you die quickly, more if you use Tabletop Simulator.

The game uses two decks. The first is the Hero Deck, which contains 25 cards: 5 suits of ranks 1-5.

The second is the Encounter Deck, which contains 20 cards (ranked 2-5). Here's an example card:

Half of the Encounter Deck is event encounters, which represent threats or opportunities your party comes across. This card, however, is a combat encounter. At the start of each round of combat, you draw cards from the Hero Deck (5 in solo, 3 each in two-player), then you draw the top card of the Encounter Deck and stick it under the enemy so the top of the card is visible. That card is the action card, and it'll determine what the enemy will do this round.

But before the enemy acts, you have a chance to execute your own attacks. Up to twice, you can discard as many cards as you like from your hand, drawing the same number. Your goal is to get a good set of cards to power your heroes' abilities.

When you win a combat encounter, you can take the card as spoils. You choose between four different ways to make your party a bit better, such as teaching the ability at the bottom of the card to one of your heroes.

When the Encounter Deck runs out, you'll face a boss. Defeat three bosses before the dungeon gets the better of you in order to win.

How far along is the game?

Mostly finished. I'm lacking illustrations for half the cards, and the other half is mostly just pencils for now (like our skeletal friends pictured above).

Aside from the art, it's just a matter of fine-tuning -- that's where you come in.

How can you help?

Any amount of playtesting is greatly appreciated,
whether it's simply reading the rules or giving the game a play and letting me know what you think.

If you're feeling especially helpful, though, I would love a log of your playthrough -- the heroes you picked, the encounters you came across, how you spent your spoils, and your decision-making process.

PnP - Low Ink
PnP - Full Ink
Tabletop Simulator: Front and Back deck images; import into TTS as an 8x7 deck with 54 cards.

Note: In both the low-ink and high-ink PDFs, page 7 is the reverse side of the cards on page 6. The reverse side of the hero cards is the Damage Tracker, while each boss card should have a Minor Boss and a Major Boss with the same ability at the bottom.

The high-ink PDF contains card backs on pages 8-12, which may be omitted if you don't plan on making two-sided cards.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Connaughton
msg tools
Is there a feedback form for this? I am playtesting this now and will message you my thoughts.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.