5 Posts

Scythe: The Wind Gambit» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do I spend resources located on the ship? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agnieszka Rybicka
Poland
flag msg tools
The rules state that you can spend resources picked up by the ship even if you don't control the teritory. Ok, but what's the case I would spend them since I they are on my ship only during movement. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have resources on your ship, you control them, and you can spend them. They're not just on your ship during movement (movement only matters for the resources in terms of when you can pick them up or drop them down onto a territory, but once you pick them up, you can just leave them on the airship).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
jameystegmaier wrote:
If you have resources on your ship, you control them, and you can spend them. They're not just on your ship during movement (movement only matters for the resources in terms of when you can pick them up or drop them down onto a territory, but once you pick them up, you can just leave them on the airship).

So now comes the big question - what about the ship that is on the starting area after using the Crimean ability?

According to exact wording, you should be able to use the resources as they are on the ship - but wanted to confirm.

On the other hand - following the exact wording - ships cannot move to the starting areas - as I understand, Crimean ability is the exception to harness rule?

Would be perfect if you could answer these two questions.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don: That's a good question. Since they're on the ship, I would say that you control those resources. As you noted, though, I don't think there's any scenario when an airship can be on the home base with resources on it. That includes Crimea, as it's special Wayfare ability only applies to mechs and characters, not airships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Don: That's a good question. Since they're on the ship, I would say that you control those resources. As you noted, though, I don't think there's any scenario when an airship can be on the home base with resources on it. That includes Crimea, as it's special Wayfare ability only applies to mechs and characters, not airships.

OK, I see, thank you for the clarification - so we played our last game incorrectly

After one game, I must say - great expansion! Congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.