John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a little too complex for him to grasp, but I've been unable to find a game that supports two players and is simple enough for my son.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
++++ ++++
Greece
flag msg tools
.. is here!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easier to teach than Claustrophobia, vs, play bad guy, 7 years old.. Hmm.. 'Gorechosen' perhaps? jk
Did he enjoy it at all?

EDIT
Btw, you might want to give a look at something like this: Dwarves of Iron Peak (there's also a free PnP version available)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids liked DungeonQuest Revised Edition a lot when they were that age. Each player has a hero who tries to explore, gather treasure and get out again before night falls. There's a good chance everyone will fail to fail to escape, but that makes it all the more fun when anyone succeeds. As it's basically multiplayer solitaire it's easy to give them a bit of help when necessary.

Dungeon! is another that's quite simple to play. The players compete, but not directly against each other so once again it's easy to help. Also easier to win than in DungeonQuest.

Another you might consider is Castle Panic. It's a bit different thematically, with the heroes besieged, but still battling fantasy creatures. You can play it as a pure cooperative game, so that's a great starting point for a child because discussing strategy with fellow players is part of the deal. That lets you teach them in a natural fashion and let's you gauge their readiness for other games.

P.S. There's a dedicated forum for threads of this sort: Recommendations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
The Others

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk! Your Genestealer son would most likely chuckle watching you panic as the Space Marine player hectically finishing your turn before the sand timer runs out!

I think your child would also enjoy the hidden information of the blip counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bishop
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A game that may work for a one against all is Not Alone. It is about 45 minutes long (may be longer with a 7 your old), but it packs small and has the same hunt feeling for the alien overlord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.