Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I suspect scenario 5 is meant to have a lock out prerequirement. I'm 20+ scenarios in and the scenario is technically still available, nothing locks it out. However, there are later scenarios that take place in the same space (e.g. 27) with that story line much advanced.

Doesn't really matter I suppose, just feels odd that scenario 5 is technically still available to do for the first time even though that story line is finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
How did you get to 27 without going through 5? I believe there's another way to get to 22, which is another part of that questline, but 27 requires 19 requires 5 + 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
piman wrote:
How did you get to 27 without going through 5? I believe there's another way to get to 22, which is another part of that questline, but 27 requires 19 requires 5 + 14.

I think it was:
3 unlocks 9
9 unlocks 12
12 unlocks 14
18 unlocks 14
14 unlocks 19 (5 is not required, 14 unlocks it and completes the prerequisite achievement)
19 unlocks 27

I remember double checking all the achievements and it looked right.

Early, I did the Diamond Mine (9) for Jekserah which unlocked that path, then went "Nope, not helping the undead" and chose the good side. The end result was a long way around to get to 27. The result is that 5 is still technically available, but sort of thematically obsolete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
ckessel wrote:
14 unlocks 19

It does not. 14 is a prerequisite for 19, but it does not unlock - as in reveal on the map - 19. It does not appear as a "New Location", only as an inline reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Completing Scenario 14 doesn't add any new scenarios to the map, it only provides the prerequisite Global Acheivement required for four different scenarios (as well as for enabling ability enhancement).
Those four scenarios still have to be "unlocked" via other scenarios (scenario 19 is only unlocked by successful completion of scenario 5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
piman wrote:
ckessel wrote:
14 unlocks 19

It does not. 14 is a prerequisite for 19, but it does not unlock - as in reveal on the map - 19. It does not appear as a "New Location", only as an inline reference.

Ok...then I've completely misunderstood the Scenario booklet this entire time.

The text on 19 says:

Hail sighs, "So what exactly was it you wanted?" 7,19,31,43

Doesn't that mean it unlocks all 4 of those?

Edit: Well, M*#*$*# F*****r!

I found the text in the rules that says what those numbers in circles mean. I read the first couple pages of the scenario book like 7 times trying to make sure I understood what the things mean, but it doesn't list what those circles are for there so I thought they were unlocks. No, it's in the back of the normal rule book.

Shit, I feel like I've completely wasted the last 80 hours I've been playing, completely misunderstanding how unlocks worked. My entire campaign and all my progression, my class retirements, everything is completely screwed up. At this precise moment I'm ready to throw it all in the box in disgust. An overreaction to be sure, but it completely taints my campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if it makes you feel any better, as far as I can tell, there are only 2 scenarios that mention circled numbers, but don't unlock them (or are guaranteed to have them unlocked by the time you get to that scenario itself)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
14, which lists [7 19 31 43] but doesn't unlock any
and 43, which lists 26 and 37 but doesn't unlock either

and one scenario which lists three other scenarios, but specifically states that it only unlocks one (chosen by the players)
13, which unlocks only one of [15,17,20]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asdf asdf
msg tools
This whole discussion doesn´t solve the issue though.
Scenario #5 will never be locked out which makes no sense.

#5 and #6 are story wise parallel lines to progress and i believe once you complete #6 then #5 should be locked and vice versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryaneko wrote:
This whole discussion doesn´t solve the issue though.
Scenario #5 will never be locked out which makes no sense.

#5 and #6 are story wise parallel lines to progress and i believe once you complete #6 then #5 should be locked and vice versa.

Disagree.

While the ending of 6 is weird to get after gaining one of the "Merchant" global achievements, there's no reason some Cultist in the backlands shouldn't be able to put out a hit on her. Why should he know what's going on in the city?

The next scenario of the story arc is 8, and that one does have lockout conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.