Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After finishing th campaign here are the rules questions we had during the game that we could not find answers to:

SPOILERS AHEAD

1. Can you build a building over another building if it has a peril cube on it?

2. The Persona Potion Master allows you to cancel the effect of other players' Personas until the next Income phase. If this is triggered after the last income phase, before game end. Does it blank the ability of Personas that provide "end game points" (hourglass symbol)?

3. If the progress token has moved to the last space of the progress track but is then moved back (through some ability) does the game still end that turn or do you continue?

4. The Guidepost card at the end of game 9 (i belive it was 9) -the game where you have a lit candle: If the candle did not go out during the game the guidepost says you "may" open Crate so-and-so. So can you choose not to open it. I guess this break the game?

Those are the questions I remember we couldn't answer, will add more if I recall anything.

If anyone has seen these questions answered before or someone with authority has the asnwers feel free to let me know. And possibly add them to the FAQ. If these answers are out there I apologise for my questions but none of us were able to find these answers while searching online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No, if there are any tokens at all, you can't build over it. Peril are tokens.

2. No, you can't kill someone's endgame persona, since it happens after the game is over and you're onto the "endgame" phase.

3. edit: wrong answer, according to Jamey below.

4. Treat it as a "you must open this crate". Because yes, it would break the game. (:

Editing for 4: It says you may extinguish the candle and open crate whatever. I think that just means you can let the candle keep burning if you want, but you have to open crate whatever. Ambiguous maybe, but stop trying to break things. hehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor: I'm surprised to see that you're giving Charterstone a try after our unfortunate interaction on Facebook--it means a lot to me that you've put that in the past and given this game a chance. Thank you. I'm curious to see if your experience with Charterstone retains or changes the 1 out of 10 rating you gave it a while ago.

For those reading the following, there are some fairly late-campaign spoilers here.

1. You cannot construct a building on top of another building if it has any type of token on it, including peril (and, of course, you must have unlocked the rules that says you can build on top of another building).

2. The Potion Master's ability only applies during the game, so it wouldn't impact end-game points.

3. The end-game is triggered when the progress token reaches the end of the track, so even if it moves backwards, the trigger cannot be undone.

4. The guidepost says "...you may extinguish it and open crate P." I understand why the phrasing is unclear, but it's really saying, "Extinguish the candle and open crate P."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.