Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find it in the rulebook but how do you play a 2 or 3 player game? Seems like the rules are written for a 4 player game in mind, with special rules for solo gaming. How do we play 2 players?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand correctly, with 2 players, one player would play as the Renegades, controlling 1 ship with 5 crew, and the other player as the Coalition (I may be getting the faction name wrong) controlling one ship and 5 crew.

The rules are so confusingly written that I'm really not sure of anything though.

With 3 players...who knows!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not really liking these rules. Are there any tutorial videos maybe? Or I guess I should just jump in and play and try things until it works/makes sense...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Campos
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the rule book could use some work. It took a lot of puzzling things out in our first game but in the end it seemed pretty straightforward, mostly.

For 2 player games we just each took one ship and one crew from the opposing factions. I can't imagine a 3 player game working without either adding a third faction or having one player play 2 ships.

The creator does have a couple play-through videos on his YouTube page, but the camera work is kind of painful.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TunedStayTV/videos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kashre wrote:
It took a lot of puzzling things out in our first game

This is what we're seeing. There's a lot of info in the rulebook, just not a good "getting started" section. That seems to be its weakest point now...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Armstrong
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will never understand rule books written with the getting started\setup in the middle of the book.

And yes, with 3 players one player has to control 2 ships and 2 full crews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
BelgarathTAO wrote:
I will never understand rule books written with the getting started\setup in the middle of the book.
Can it be as bad as Pixie Queen's rule book where in the setup it mentions what to do for a 2 player game, it's not until you get to the end of the rule book where they give the rest of the rules for a 2 player game. Needless to say our first 2 player was a bit odd without the dummy pixies to help occupy the slots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Zanca
msg tools
For 2 players, each player plays a different faction with 1 ship and 5 crewmembers.

For 3 players 2 players would each play 1 ship with a full crew while the 3rd player would play as 2 ships with 2 crews.

However, some people have played with each of the players playing as 1 crew. The odd-man out can play as either of the two factions, but would play as either corrupt cops or another renegade group, so no one is working together unless alliances are made.

Here is a full How to Play Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1_Pl-mRGI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.