StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubled up on the Hold the Line: The American Revolution Kickstarter miniatures...
I am sure many people did so as well with the intent of using them in Tricorne.

So where are you in the process?

I’ve figured out I have more than enough miniatures and am now considering to begin the painting process... I figure the real unit type distinctions will come from the flags (I’m not using the ones included with HtL) and how one goes about painting the figure bases.

Any suggestions or recommendations from the community?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sorted out the HtL figures into armies and unit types. But haven't begun painting them yet.

I think your ideas of distinguishing types of units by flags and painted bases for their bearers are good ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of insight into Richard Borg's method to distinguish units in his playtest games...

Richard places two figures per base for Lights, Rifle Lights, Militia, etc. and three figures per base for Regulars, Grenadiers, etc. This convention helps you to quickly distinguish the difference. Further unit identification is typically made by the color of the base or the details of his minis.

I intend to employ the 2/3 figures per base convention when I get organized and use my HtL minis in Tricorne.

- Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.