Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Jones
United States
Oakdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few questions about listings for accessory items on BGG. Hopefully I can get some clarification.

1) In the search drop-down menu, there is a choice for "Accessories" and another for "Accessory". Is there an actual difference that warrants both options?

2) When I go to add an accessory to the database, there is no submission queue to check in case someone else already tried, like there is for boardgame/expansion submissions. When I do submit an accessory item, sometimes it shows up in the boardgame submission queue, and sometimes it doesn't. Any known reason for this?

3) Some accessories that are in the database and reflected in my collection don't show up when I try to list them on the Geek Market (for example, the Game of Thrones LCG first edition resin house cards), preventing the Geek Market from allowing me to list them at all. Other accessory items do show up and I am able to list them without issue. Is there a way around this?

Thanks of any insight that can be provided!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bitva wrote:
1) In the search drop-down menu, there is a choice for "Accessories" and another for "Accessory". Is there an actual difference that warrants both options?

They are the same; there is no difference.

bitva wrote:
2) When I go to add an accessory to the database, there is no submission queue to check in case someone else already tried, like there is for boardgame/expansion submissions. When I do submit an accessory item, sometimes it shows up in the boardgame submission queue, and sometimes it doesn't. Any known reason for this?

Actually, the queue exists, but there is no link for it listed. You can find it here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/items/boardgameaccessory/pendi...

Accessory submissions should always end up in the accessory queue - I have no idea why it would show in the boardgame queue.

bitva wrote:
3) Some accessories that are in the database and reflected in my collection don't show up when I try to list them on the Geek Market (for example, the Game of Thrones LCG first edition resin house cards), preventing the Geek Market from allowing me to list them at all. Other accessory items do show up and I am able to list them without issue. Is there a way around this?

The search function in the Geek Market doesn't support accessories. But if you first go to the accessory page, then try to list them from there, it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jones
United States
Oakdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks! Very helpful! I wish most of this was more up front and center when going to the related areas of BGG.

Looks like most of the things I have with not listing yet are in the Accessories queue. Just have to wait I guess, but that's a lot less submissions I'll need to make on my own now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For all the pending queues...BGG Pending Queues for Users
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.