Popular Tags: [View All]
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So when are we going to find anything out about this game? So far the only thing I’ve heard about this game is what is posted on this geekpage and the little that’s a Brandon Sanderson has said about it at his signings- namely that it’s supposedly some sort of war game based on the Shattered Plains.

He also said that he asked the developers to hold off on launching the Kickstarter campaign until his other game campaign (Mistborn: House War) was finished. Well, copies of that game will soon be arriving for the last of the backers still waiting for them, but I haven’t heard anything about The Way of Kings game (is thy even it’s offiical title?) or when it will be going to Kickstarter or anything.

Basically: I’m really excited for this game and want to know when it will be coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bors
msg tools
I am looking forward to this as well but I hope it it more than just RISK re-skin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More importantly, will this include Bridge Team Miniatures? If they are just cardboard punchouts I will be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Tyler
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Kaladin mini?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bors77 wrote:
I am looking forward to this as well but I hope it it more than just RISK re-skin.

Considering the design team behind this, I would suspect that is far from the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bors77 wrote:

Let’s be honest, even if it were just a Risk re-skin then I would still buy it, and most of you who are reading this would too. Fortunately, just from the brief description that the designers have already posted its clear that it won’t be a Risk re-skin.

MerryHo wrote:
More importantly, will this include Bridge Team Miniatures? If they are just cardboard punchouts I will be disappointed.

klakak wrote:
No Kaladin mini?

Well they have to save something for the Kickstarter stretch goals and/or future expansions. Personally I’m hoping for more than 4 High Princes to play as, just for variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely not a risk clone lol.
We're huge fans and want to do right by the source material. Well as much as you can get to in 1 game that is.
Matt made me cut out the part where you pause the game and sketch each other....

The news is that it's in the development cycle with Mayday. They're working dev and art etc now. I'm not sure about their specifics timeline wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bno70_1 wrote:
We're huge fans and want to do right by the source material. Well as much as you can get to in 1 game that is.
Matt made me cut out the part where you pause the game and sketch each other....

The news is that it's in the development cycle with Mayday. They're working dev and art etc now. I'm not sure about their specifics timeline wise.

Thanks for the response! Might I ask, what are the steps in the process going forward? At what point in the process does it go to Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Herowannabe wrote:
bno70_1 wrote:

Thanks for the response! Might I ask, what are the steps in the process going forward? At what point in the process does it go to Kickstarter?

I actually don't know. We're pretty much design only on this one so far. Not in on logistics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bno70_1 wrote:

I actually don't know. We're pretty much design only on this one so far. Not in on logistics.

Oh okay. Time to start infiltrating Mayday Games’ headquarters then I guess. (EDIT: And a quick search online revealed that Mayday Games’ HQ is only about 40 minutes from where I live... hmmm.... ninja )

Also:
bno70_1 wrote:

Just as long as you included a mechanic for pooping in your shardplate we’ll be good. It wouldn’t be authentic otherwise...

(Joking! JOKING! I don’t actually want a poop mechanic. Eww. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Herowannabe wrote:
Just as long as you included a mechanic for pooping in your shardplate we’ll be good. It wouldn’t be authentic otherwise...

(Joking! JOKING! I don’t actually want a poop mechanic. Eww. )

Pooping mechanics are my shtick, so Matt and Ben can't steal it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So things have been quiet for several months... any news to report? Is this still going to make it to Kickstarter this year?

The Reckoners Kickstarter is going to be delivered within the next month or so, so then the way is clear as far as Sanderson-related Kickstarter projects go...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last update I got was the Mayday team is working on art etc.
Nothing to show yet, but keep checking in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bno70_1 wrote:
Last update I got was the Mayday team is working on art etc.
Nothing to show yet, but keep checking in.

Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.