Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Had a look at a few places and this seemed cheaper

https://www.bgextras.co.uk/pandemic-rising-tide-i2720.htm

Delivered for £44.60 on Amazon currently so its at least £5 cheaper for anyone who is interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/board-games-c800/all-board-game...

£38.95 at Chaos Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
https://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/z-man-games-pandemic-rising-...

£33.99 shipped at Magic Madhouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it a thing in here not to post actual deals, wait for someone else to post something, then gazump them with a better deal?

:shrugs:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:
Is it a thing in here not to post actual deals, wait for someone else to post something, then gazump them with a better deal?

:shrugs:

What an utterly bizzare way to look at it. You posted a deal - Tom and Cameron both had the time/inclination to look elsewhere and find better prices, and Andrew chimed in with the always handy (not being sarcastic) Quidco reminders. Are you saying Tom and Cameron should have kept their deals to themselves, so anyone thinking of buying Rising Tide without the time some of us have for shopping around would have come in here and perhaps ordered from your deal when they might have saved more elsewhere? Or if you're perturbed that they didn't post their deals earlier, well maybe they hadn't thought to have a look for Rising Tide until you posted your deal? Your post was good, their follow ups made it even better, the whole resulting thread is a useful addition to Hot Deals for someone shopping for Rising Tide. As The Secret Cabal would put it, no need to be butt-hurt about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So should this essentially then be a forum where people post requests on who can find the cheapest version of a game instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Lindley
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
flag msg tools
Lych Gate every 2nd Wednesday...
badge
Geek, before it was fashionable...
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:
So should this essentially then be a forum where people post requests on who can find the cheapest version of a game instead?

Nope, wouldn't work. Cunningham's Law states: "The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it’s to post the wrong answer."

So, the best way to get the cheapest price on the Internet is not to ask where it can be found, but to claim any other price is the cheapest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:

Sure, maybe that would be nice (as another forum), but Hot Deals is still pretty great as it is (plus that already kind of exists in the form of boardgameprices.co.uk)...

I still don't get why you're unhappy that folks posted improvements on your deal? It was nice of you to take the time to post a deal. It was nice of them to take the time to spot and post better deals elsewhere. It not like they came in and said "YOUR DEAL SUCKS! MUST TRY HARDER NOOB!". I'm guessing you were yourself at least partially interested in Rising Tide - well now you know where you can get it a not-insignificant £10.61 cheaper. If it was me, I think I'd go with "Cheers guys, great spot, missed that!".

I honestly hope it doesn't put you off posting deals in the future, I just really think you've misread it - the others aren't trying to undermine or one-up you - it's just in this case there were better deals available, and they posted them. Maybe another day you'll spot a "hotter" deal on someone else's thread, and make the useful post pointing it out.

Happy bargain hunting in 2018 to all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:
...the others aren't trying to undermine or one-up you - it's just in this case there were better deals available, and they posted them. Maybe another day you'll spot a "hotter" deal on someone else's thread, and make the useful post pointing it out.

This exactly.

I'm personally very grateful if people find *any* offers, and then again if people can beat them. I would never take it personally, unless someone actually does say "DUH You idiot, it's cheaper here!", which is pretty unlikely to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.