Subject: Symbols on Modules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Hamby

Green Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On several of the modules, there are 2 boxes with symbols in them. I can't find what they mean anywhere.

The symbols are: >> and !

What do they stand for?

Without knowing their significance, I'm almost thinking I've been playing the game wrong.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are slots for modifier tokens. ! is where the current turns modifiers sit, >> is where next turns modifiers sit, at the end of the current turn you move them across to the ! spot to become the new modifier. These spots are where the yellow modifier tokens sit, the tokens that show you 'extra action required', 'always roll for adventure', etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hamby

Green Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I've been putting the markers on the system but sometimes couldn't remember when to apply them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hamby

Green Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Symbols on Modules Now Token Question
I have not found any reference to the Multiplication Tiles (X5) in the rules or the almanac. Are they used in the campaigns?

Thanks again for the previous answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are just multiplier tokens, if you need lots of something like 5 chip spare parts you can use one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...Can be handy for Morale tokens too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antares Rangers wrote:
...Can be handy for Morale tokens too.

Somehow I bet I wouldn't have thought of this... This is probably the most likely situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hamby

Green Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! I thought it might be something like that, but this game has so many subtle nuances and omissions in the rule book that you never know.

I appreciate all the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geraldo
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorEd wrote:
On several of the modules, there are 2 boxes with symbols in them. I can't find what they mean anywhere.

The symbols are: >> and !

What do they stand for?
Tokens on the "!" represent cost modifiers, see the rule book (Almanac) page 35.

Some Malfunction cards instruct you to put tokens on specific ">>" or "!" spaces.

The penalty triggered by a red cube in the "gears" status marker on the "Working Bay" puts a token on the "!" space (Almanac, pages 28 and 29).

Adventures are triggered by taking action that has a "?" token on its "!" space
 (page 40).

Finally, during Clean-up phase, tokens on the "!" space are discarded and the topmost token on the ">>" space moves to the "!" (page 60).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.