Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david brawley
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So quick question about infantry road use. Do they get the 1/2 movement or is that just for AFV?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just 1 movement factor ,
AFV's use movement points,

although I believe infantry can gain 1 extra movement factor by starting on a road, expending all movement factors via a road, then have 1 bonus road move ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georges Turgeon
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that it cost 1 MF to move onto a road hex from a non road hex then 1/2 MF for each road to road move If you start on a road hex it's 1/2 MF for the next, etc..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:

although I believe infantry can gain 1 extra movement factor by starting on a road, expending all movement factors via a road, then have 1 bonus road move ..

You're thinking Advanced Squad Leader.

For Squad Leader, reference para 5.52, infantry pays 1/2 Movement Factor, for each road hex entered from a road hexside.

You can also see this on the "Infantry Movement Costs Chart" on the QRDC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops my bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Power
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is this from Cross of Iron.

- If players allow the use of Infantry Double Time (DT) Movement rules in a scenario, the road bonus (5.52) does not apply to infantry in that scenario.
- The basic cost of infantry moving onto a road hex from a road hexside is 1-MF.
- However, any infantry unit which spends its entire MPh on a road may increase its movement allowance by one.

The above describes a non double timing unit.

- Any infantry unit using DT increases its MF allowances for that turn by two.
Example: When using double time, a squad has 6-MF; a leader 8-MF; and a squad accompanied by a leader 8-MF.

This example suggest that DT on a level, unobstructed road a unit could cover 7 hexes and 9 hexes with a leader.

However, the penalty of using DT precludes the ability to fire in the advance fire phase due to exhaustion and it can't be used by the same unit in consecutive turns. (73.6 and 73.7)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oops, maybe not my bad whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.