Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ana
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
As per the rules "a character can never have more than one Primary Subclass Feature, within a Class Type, at one time"

Question 1: Do all subclass features need a character class like Wizard and never just a general class type like Arcane?

I am confused as to how to clearly identify these Subclass Features that exclude one another. There is nothing on the sticker itself that identifies this exclusivity. My understanding is that if Feature B needs Feature A, then feature A is a Subclass Feature. Which means I need to go through all stickers, find all Feature B that need a Feature A and make notes on those needs in order to know which ones are Subclass Features. Ugh.

Question 2: Is there a way to know without going through future stickers if a Feature is a subclass feature?

I saw a user post listing 14 but then I found 18 through my own sorting (maybe the user only included base game).

Question 3: Are these all of them for the Base + Heroes of the Sword Coast?

Name Subclass
Life Domain Cleric
War Domain Cleric
Circle of the Land Druid
Patron (Fey) Warlock
Patron (Fiend) Warlock
Hunter Ranger
Champion Fighter
Eldritch Knight Fighter
Arcane Trickster Rogue
Thief Rogue
Circle of the Moon Druid
BeastMaster Ranger
College of Lore Bard
College of Valor Bard
Conjuration (Savant) Wizard
Evocation (Savant) Wizard
Pack of the Tome 1 Warlock
Pack of the Chain 1 Warlock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I mentioned 14 Subclass Features, but I was just reporting Subclass Features that modified the Equipment Pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ana
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes I know, but so far your list is the only list I found clearly listing any of these Subclass Features. My question remains, what are all of them so far, and how can a player identify them without having to go through the stack and backtrack to find the Primaries?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the file section is a set of pdfs, one for each of the 8 main classes. Each of those then list all subclass pre-reqs.

I download the relevant pdf to my phone when starting a new character. It lists all possible features (including neutrals) and doesn't list anything that that character cannot take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ana
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks! I did see the files, big pdf's that will not be handled by my *ahem* flip phone from the Jurassic age. I'll browse those in my computer and double check. I still wish it would have been identified in the sticker itself, a tiny icon never hurt anybody. I created an excel spreadsheet that includes these distinctions plus requirements, it is more maneuverable(filters, color coding, formulas, etc). I am playing solo with a party of 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aonline wrote:
Thanks! I did see the files, big pdf's that will not be handled by my *ahem* flip phone from the Jurassic age. I'll browse those in my computer and double check. I still wish it would have been identified in the sticker itself, a tiny icon never hurt anybody. I created an excel spreadsheet that includes these distinctions plus requirements, it is more maneuverable(filters, color coding, formulas, etc). I am playing solo with a party of 6.

Agreed. A definitive list of Subclasses would have been a nice addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.