10 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing faction counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Madison
United States
flag msg tools
Is the player controlling the agenda deck considered to be placing faction tokens when they are placed through the enemy activation phase? For example when a quest completion task states "A player places a (Shield) on the map when there are already 3 present." Does the player who flipped the agenda card to activate the faction complete the quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Shield or star icons on agenda cards do not cause the first player to place new tokens on the map, only to activate existing tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I'm not understanding fully.

Agenda cards do not place faction tokens on the board. They only activate faction tokens already on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Madison
United States
flag msg tools
In the specific scenario we are running, a shield is added to the board everytime the shield or the star activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sibo
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So your playing Far Harbour scenario and that is the way we payed it, the first player flipping the agenda cards controls the placement of the shields as per the guidelines. Which were at the highest numbered ruin or settlement. So ties were chosen by the 1st player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sibowitz wrote:
So your playing Far Harbour scenario and that is the way we payed it, the first player flipping the agenda cards controls the placement of the shields as per the guidelines. Which were at the highest numbered ruin or settlement. So ties were chosen by the 1st player.

That's insane. A player completes a quest just by virtue of the fact that they were randomly assigned First Player?

I'm beginning to wonder if this game was playtested at all. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
We only let that thing be fulfilled by using the card 31 (correct number? the card added on setup) settlement encounter to actively place a fog token.

Edit: that said, the First player still manages where the agenda places the token, so if no lvl 3+ place is up, they can decide if the token is actually placed somewhere or bounces off Far Harbor's condenser. Either way it's placement is not their accomplishment though, so no quest completion for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if this game was playtested at all. :shake:

Man, it is like playing Mansions of Madness all over again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's several quest lines that get advanced by the placement of a faction token (or the Nth faction token, more specifically). I'd say the auto-placement of a token due to the state of the game shouldn't count while the deliberate resolution of a decision made on an encounter card should.

It's the same RAI sentiment that says I don't have to contact the Institute with dead robot parts if I don't wanna.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What about placing facton token (as requested by staged card) on spawn location when there is already one present? After activation both tokens would start running as a pile of tokens in same direction indicated by a player player who waits nearby. Question regarding The Rise Rise of Master scenarion, shield token representung cultist foe. Tx for advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls