Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Richards
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game tonight and had a few questions.

1. When using delayed event cards (such as apprentice), do I remove a cube to change up to three dice and then take an action, or does manipulating my dice count as my action that round and then the following round I can use those dice if they aren't sold.

2. Similar to question 1, when I used 4 influence points to flip 3 of the dice in my district, do I have to use all three of the dice for my action or can I use some for latter actions?

3. If an event hasn't been fully combated by the next round (such as Heresy costing 2 influence), do we resolve the effects each round until they are removed from the game? I assume yes but wasn't sure.

Thank you in advance for the help and patience. We really enjoyed the game, just want to play it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juperdat wrote:
We played our first game tonight and had a few questions.

1. When using delayed event cards (such as apprentice), do I remove a cube to change up to three dice and then take an action, or does manipulating my dice count as my action that round and then the following round I can use those dice if they aren't sold.

You use it as part of the action of assembling a set of dice and doing an action.

Quote:
2. Similar to question 1, when I used 4 influence points to flip 3 of the dice in my district, do I have to use all three of the dice for my action or can I use some for latter actions?

You can flip any 3 of your own dice regardless of color. You don't have to use any of them for your current action.

Quote:
3. If an event hasn't been fully combated by the next round (such as Heresy costing 2 influence), do we resolve the effects each round until they are removed from the game? I assume yes but wasn't sure.

All events occur from left to right every round if they haven't been eliminated.

Quote:

Thank you in advance for the help and patience. We really enjoyed the game, just want to play it correctly.

Yw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Richards
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For question 1, if I use it as part of the setup for the action, why would I ever change multiple colored dyes? Is there action that you can use different colored dice? And could I use multiple setups at once? For example, could I use one action that changed dice to five, another to change them from one color to the next, and then do a final action with that group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juperdat wrote:
For question 1, if I use it as part of the setup for the action, why would I ever change multiple colored dyes? Is there action that you can use different colored dice? And could I use multiple setups at once? For example, could I use one action that changed dice to five, another to change them from one color to the next, and then do a final action with that group?

You can only use one delayed action at a time, only on one group of dice which means only on a set of one color of dice.

Using influence to flip or re-roll dice is not part of an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Richards
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tasajara wrote:
Juperdat wrote:

You can only use one delayed action at a time, only on one group of dice which means only on a set of one color of dice.

I'm fairly certain that the rules for the apprentice said it could be used on multiple colored dice. I'll have to look at it tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juperdat wrote:
tasajara wrote:
Juperdat wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the rules for the apprentice said it could be used on multiple colored dice. I'll have to look at it tomorrow.

Ok you're right. In the base game, pilgrimage is the only card you can use a set of different colored and apprentice can be used to modify the set. Confession can also be used to modify pilgrimage in the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Richards
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tasajara wrote:
Confession can also be used to modify pilgrimage in the same way.

This is a good point and shouldn't be missed.

The rules for Apprenticeship call out "This card even works on groups with 3 colors."

While the rules for Confession don't include that language, the rules for Pilgrimage make clear that "Only the cards Apprenticeship and Confession can be used in order to modify the groups of different-colored dice that could be used to activate Pilgrimage."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.