Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torill Hagesaether
Denmark
Arhus C
Arhus
flag msg tools
Happy New Year!

Last year I made a web site where you can import results from BGG and get some fun statistics, with the main one being your results calculated as chess rating. I have myself been using this for many years for my Dominion group, but only last year modified the site to allow anyone to create their own, private lists/rating/statistics to share with their friends.

Check it out at: https://ratinglists.azurewebsites.net/

It is free (sometimes a bit slow to start up as I am using a cheap server solution).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halvard wrote:
Happy New Year!

Last year I made a web site where you can import results from BGG and get some fun statistics, with the main one being your results calculated as chess rating. I have myself been using this for many years for my Dominion group, but only last year modified the site to allow anyone to create their own, private lists/rating/statistics to share with their friends.

Check it out at: https://ratinglists.azurewebsites.net/

It is free (sometimes a bit slow to start up as I am using a cheap server solution).

"Results" does not quite tell me what I want to know. More specifically, what data are you capturing ? My collection ? My Plays ? My Thumbs ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made an account but don't know what to do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torill Hagesaether
Denmark
Arhus C
Arhus
flag msg tools
killerjoe1962 wrote:
I made an account but don't know what to do with it.

Once you have an account and have logged in, here is what you can do:

1. Click "Create a new rating list".
2. Type in a name and click "Create this rating list now". In this example I will call it "Random".
3. Then click on the link "Admin for Random".
4. Click "Go import results". (Here you can also manually add or edit results)
5. Follow the instructions on the page to import results from BGG.
6. Click on the link "Rating list". This is the calculated rating list. This link you can send to your friends. They will be able to see the list, but not to change anything as only you have access to admin.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torill Hagesaether
Denmark
Arhus C
Arhus
flag msg tools

TVis wrote:
"Results" does not quite tell me what I want to know. More specifically, what data are you capturing ? My collection ? My Plays ? My Thumbs ?

In short: It only imports your plays.

Let assume you play a game of Dominion. Afterwards you register that you won and your friend Bill lost on BoardGameGeek.com by giving yourself for example 26 points and Bill 12 points. This is what I call a result (same as play).

Once you import the results for Dominion into the web site (there is an import function using BGG´s XML API so that you do not have to retype all 544 plays you have) the web site will calculate your Dominion rating based on chess ratings. It will also have statistics for when you last played, how many times you have beaten Bill etc.

As you import you can decide if you want to import per game (Dominion for example) or for all the games you play. You can create many lists, so please feel free to try it out and see what happens. You can delete lists afterwards if you want to as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried importing my game results for elder sign, it said there are no game results for killerjoe1962

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torill Hagesaether
Denmark
Arhus C
Arhus
flag msg tools
killerjoe1962 wrote:
I tried importing my game results for elder sign, it said there are no game results for killerjoe1962

Hi.

You will have needed to register the separate scores for each player for the import to have any value.

As an example, compare your results in Scythe:
https://boardgamegeek.com/play/details/21090435

with another player who has registered scores:
https://boardgamegeek.com/play/details/21046272

Unfortunately the program can´t read comments very well. It is incredibly difficult to program and very prone to errors when working with just text, but the separate scores are easy to read programmatically.

Unfortunately, it does not seem like you have any plays registered with individual scores for each participating player. This is the reason you get this message. Sorry about that, but it means the import function has little value for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halvard wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:

Hi.

You will have needed to register the separate scores for each player for the import to have any value.

As an example, compare your results in Scythe:
https://boardgamegeek.com/play/details/21090435

with another player who has registered scores:
https://boardgamegeek.com/play/details/21046272

Unfortunately the program can´t read comments very well. It is incredibly difficult to program and very prone to errors when working with just text, but the separate scores are easy to read programmatically.

Unfortunately, it does not seem like you have any plays registered with individual scores for each participating player. This is the reason you get this message. Sorry about that, but it means the import function has little value for you.

Oh, okay, thanks!
Good Luck!
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.