Keith Piggott
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
Panoramic is my entry to the 2018 54-Card Contest!

Summary
In Panoramic, 2 players compete to take the best panoramic photograph of their beach vacation. Each turn players bid on cards that they will add to their photograph (personal tableau) with certain features scoring at the end of the game. The twist is that not all features will score - adept players will sacrifice cards at the right time to score features that will work best for themselves and not their opponent!

Panoramic is quick playing (10-20 minutes) game with 54 cards.

I would like to enter it in:
- Best Overall Game
- Best Euro Game
- Best Graphical Design
- Most Unique Game
- Best New Designer

Rules, a full color version, and a low ink version can be found at - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u05m88404suqzo7/AADiYrxtIyjZI-WLY...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Kleinhenz
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] Panoramic (2018 54-Card Contest [Components Available])
I like the theme! It would be neat adjacency somehow played into scoring, since the cards are laid out in a line I somehow expected that to play into it.

I found the 1a/1b explanation in the "Each Round" section a bit awkward to read at first.

Also it took me a second to determine which icon represented Sandpipers and which icon represented Pelicans so it would be good to put those icons in the scoring summary in the rules. It would also be nice to have the number of points you score from beach balls and dolphins explicitly written in the rules.

What are your thoughts on only having 5 bidding cards instead of 10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Piggott
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for taking a look at it, and I appreciate the comments!

The rules definitely need some rewording and more illustrations for gameplay. I'll definitely be cleaning up the 1a/1b and the rest of the gameplay section, and good point on adding the pictures in the scoring section. Will have a v2 of the rules up later this week.

My thinking on having 10 bidding cards instead of 5 is that it reduces the number of ties. I also like being able to pay attention to what cards the other player has in odd rounds, and being able to make decisions based off that in the next rounds. I have played around with some other variations including letting the player decide which 5 cards they want to play in the odd rounds and then having to use the remainder in the following round. May tweak this after some more playtests depending what feedback I get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
This is a really cool concept and the art looks great! AT first glance it is very reminiscent of Bear Went Over the Mountain (a cool game!), but with bidding to make it into an adult game. I hope to try it out soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Piggott
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
My original theme for the game was for it to be the skyline of city, until I saw Skyline, so I'm doing great on my originality!

I checked out Bear Went Over the Mountain and it is a great game! Panoramic definitely shares a similar aesthetic, but hopefully the bidding and the way you determine scoring set it apart.

My wife & I love deduction games so definitely going to give yours a try. Hopefully will get some time this weekend to try some of the other entries out - lots of cool ideas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Piggott
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
Updated the rules to v2. No major changes - just added some more illustrations and reworded some areas that weren't clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Piggott
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
Updated to version 3 with improvements to the balance of scoring cards and a new strategic variant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beach...
The Sea...
A setting sun ...

Good to see pictures like this in this cloudy and rainy time ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls