Jen Fern
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
With Vicious Bite, what happens if one player is stunned? Does no one lose life, because the low life can't lose any more, or does the next lowest person lose it, bearing in mind that in a two player game, this would also be the person with the highest life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This really ought to be in the Monster Box forum, not the Hogwarts Battle Forum.

This is not an official ruling, but Andrew tends to rule against the player's favor. I would say the lowest non-stunned player has to take damage. Thematically, why would a werewolf attack somebody who is already incapacitated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
this would only ever apply if the player in question was stunned by a previous Dark Arts card that turn, as otherwise the stunned player would have returned to 10 health at the end of the previous player's turn.

Which of course, is certainly possible given all the situations where multiple DA cards can be drawn.

The Vicious Bite card text doesn't say anything about excluding stunned characters, so my interpretation would be that in that instance, it wouldn't have any effect. (same as it would be if, say, the active hero was stunned by the first DA card, then drew something like "Active Hero loses 2 health")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
this would only ever apply if the player in question was stunned by a previous Dark Arts card that turn, as otherwise the stunned player would have returned to 10 health at the end of the previous player's turn.

Not true. There are DA cards that attack all players and, now in Monster Box, DA cards that attack the player to the right or left of the active player. If you are on location 2, its possible that the first DA card drawn could knock out an inactive player and then Vicious bite could be pulled as the second card.

Redacted to a misread on my part. (Doh!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

Not true. There are DA cards that attack all players and, now in Monster Box, DA cards that attack the player to the right or left of the active player. If you are on location 2, its possible that the first DA card drawn could knock out an inactive player and then Vicious bite could be pulled as the second card.

That doesn't contradict JayJ79's point -- the situation would only come up if "the player in question was stunned by a previous Dark Arts card that turn". The player in question is a stunned player, not necessarily the active player.

I vote for interpreting a stunned player as the lowest health for Vicious bite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad. I misread his post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Please delete this topic and repost in the expansion's entry. I was unhappy to discover a spoiler here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've reported to admin. Thats the best that I can do since I'm not the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
David, sorry I gave you the wrong impression. I was addressing the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.