Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Chua
Australia
Highett
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Recently started our Gloomhaven campaign. Really enjoying it as a 2 player game so far.

Just wondering - is it likely that we will experience all potential characters by the time the campaign concludes if we only control one character/lineage each?

We are really enjoying playing one character each, but also wanting to experience as much of the game as possible (by playing all characters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could...but we missed out on 3. We were slow with our first retirements. I also have a second copy, so I wasn't too stressed about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
you may not experience EVERYTHING on one 2-player runthrough of the campaign (especially since there are some things that are unlocked by opposite ends of the Reputation spectrum).

But you could also do casual runthroughs of previous completed scenarios with other unlocked characters just so you get to experience playing different characters.

Plus, unless you actually ripped up cards when they are "removed from the game", you can always "reset" the game after completing a campaign with a little bit of work. (would involve tracking unlocked scenarios, treasures, global acheivements, and Prosperity via paper instead of on the board, but that's not all that difficult. Previously enhanced ability cards would also still remain enhanced for character classes, which could make things a bit easier, but that could be remedied by bumping up the scenario level some if needed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I did unlock all the classes in our 2 player campaign, so it is possible. We were a little lucky with our life goals I guess. Also, we played a few scenarios with a 3rd character, as some scenarios just don't scale well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.