Subject: May Fight revealed villain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are multiple cards that reveal the top card of the Villain deck, and allow you to fight that villain.
I came across a situation tonight that makes me think I might have been doing it wrong.

I've always fought such a villain with printed values, and not dealt with one with fight restrictions.

Striker specifically is the keyword that made me notice tonight.

Had I ever revealed Zero there I probably also would have noticed the issue.

X-treme Attack refers only to city, so that's good.

But...
Cosmic Threat.
Primus?

I guess now a revealed Uru-enchanted Wolverine powers himself... then runs to the bottom of the deck?

Burrow? I guess Fateful Resurrection doesn't mater.

If we have a revealed henchmen in one of those schemes that are beat a henchmen, play another villain are even worse.

---

I short, I appear to have been both selective and haphazard with what "works" on a Villain revealed on the top of the deck.

Is there a list of what "works" and what doesn't, worse is it different depending on if I used card X vs card Y to reveal and allow?

(If this is already well covered, preferably without a bunch of distractions, links are a welcome reply.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you fight it, it has all of the text on it. I don't see the confusion? It's no different than any other time you would fight a villain except it isn't on any city space when you fight it. All other effects apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
It's no different than any other time you would fight a villain except it isn't on any city space when you fight it.

Maybe I'm envisioning this situation wrong but anytime you reveal a villain he goes on a city space and you fight them there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Jacovis wrote:
It's no different than any other time you would fight a villain except it isn't on any city space when you fight it.

Maybe I'm envisioning this situation wrong but anytime you reveal a villain he goes on a city space and you fight them there.
You're envisioning this wrong. These hero cards do not play the top card of the Villain Deck, and if you reveal something and are not told what to do with it, you return it where it came from.
---

In response to the OP, I think there's really 2 questions here. What happens when you fight the Villain, and what happens when you need to do something to the top of the Villain deck (i.e. Uru-Enchanted Weapons).

For the first question:
I think you should just interpret it straightforwardly, you're fighting the Villain where it is at, it isn't in the City, so any effect that depends on that wouldn't apply. Most effects don't depend on being in the city, and you just have to go through the keywords to see which do. (I'll do that at the end of the post).

For Uru-Enchanted Weapons: it depends on whether the card that is revealed is still on top of the deck or not. In other words, is "revealed" a separate location from the top of the deck. I feel like in other situations where I've encountered this, revealed is not a separate location (I'm not sure if it was Legendary or some other card game). In other words, while being revealed, Uru-Enchanted Wolverine is still the top card of the Villain Deck, and thus he grants his VP as bonus attack if you attempt to fight him.
Then there's a question of timing, and whether you lose track of cards. Does the put on bottom of deck from Uru-Enchanted or the put in victory pile happen first, and then can the second effect move the card to the other place? I don't know, and I doubt we'll ever get a ruling on that one. I'd put him in Victory Pile personally, because the bottom-of-deck effect doesn't seem integral.

For Fateful Resurrection, Fight Effects come after putting cards in your Victory Pile (per several Secret Wars rules discussions like this one), so the top card of the Villain Deck will be different when you reveal it, and the defeated Villain could end up entering the city (IMO, even though it uses the term "reenters").

Other effects are more straightforward I think, most don't interact with the City at all. For those that do:
X-Treme Attack: "This Adversary gets +1 Attack for each other Adversary in the city with X-Treme Attack."
-This should still increase the attack of the Villain on-deck, but not change anything for Villains in the city.

Abomination has no effect, for obvious reasons.

Things like Hidden Witnesses, Dominate, and Human Shields won't do much, but that's because they come from Ambush effects, and the card hasn't "ambush"ed yet.

As far as I can tell all the other effects should work normally, so Striker, Burrow, Elusive, Revenge, SHIELD Clearance, Size-Changing, Circle of Kung-Fu, etc, should all work normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls