Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Schmitz
Germany
Lauchringen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday i watched a Video with Rules of Rone. A player had 3 technology cards placed on the section from the playmat where technology cards shout be placed. He now activate an ability of the technology card, exhaust the technology card 3 times and placed the card on the battlefield. After using the effect of the card, he put the technology card into his hand.
I think, this is not correct.

If i use the activated ability why placing the technology card on the battlefield. I think all 3 cards are permanent on the battlefield.
Rules say: "Once played, a technology cannot be replaced (unless it is removed from the battlefield by some other effect)."
Which effect?

Is there an ability to attack a technology card on the battlefield?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Štefaník
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Please send me the link with the exact time when it happens and I can discover what was wrong.

Anyways you are right, you can't do anything just because you want, everything you do in the game must be caused by some effect. So you just cant spontaneously put a technology into your hand etc.

To answer your question, yes there are few technologies that can be targeted and this text in the bracket is just the "Backdoor" for some future effects. E.g. there is the technology in the 2nd expansion that is unit as well so it can die in combat.

Stepan

Edited: Also remember that some videos has been shot before the KS and has small differences in rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Schmitz
Germany
Lauchringen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Stepan,

thanks for your reponse.

The link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNywQWLRak
Video is in german language. Watch from min. 50.
I watched again and in my memory i made a mistake: He did not exhaust the technology card 3 times, he exhaust a unit card 2 times, reason is the attack on enemy unit. He played technology card from his hand onto the battlefield and after attack he made a clean up. Removed the technology card from the battlefield and put it back into the technology stack.
Additionally he removed the damage token from his card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Štefaník
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hello Andreas,

both of these moves are not correct.

You can't remove damage tokens from units after round/combat ends. They stay there until the end of the game or unit dies.

You can't remove technology that has only "Battlefield" effect from the game after the round ends. This technology is design to give you fast income early in the game, but it costs you one slot of technology.

It would be great to writed down under the video some corrections, I can't write German

Stepan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.