Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: organized [+] [View All]
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
It's not hipster if you were REALLY there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The nice photo keeper case useful for small game storage/travel is on sale at Michaels. Works great!

http://www.michaels.com/recollections-color-photo-craft-keep...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan G
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have two of these. They fit more than you'd expect. I can hold:

Tiny epic kingdoms
One night ultimate werewolf with expansions
Hey that's my fish
Coup
Avalon
Shadows over Camelot the card game
Rock band manager
Grave diggers.

And a lot more. They are very handy for storing card games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
Will they hold two stacks of standard size cards side by side?

Edit:
Also comes in clear for the same price Recollections Photo Box 16 Case
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:

If the cards are 3"x4" or less they will. When you say "standard" ... uhhh ... which standard?

They will hold 2 decks of bridge or poker cards with room to spare. If the decks are taken out of their tuck boxes, each case would hold 4 decks, 2 stacks of 2, side by side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARISA S
United States
SUGARLAND
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
aesthetocyst wrote:
Bgg_Lurker wrote:

If the cards are 3"x4" or less they will. When you say "standard" ... uhhh ... which standard?

They will hold 2 decks of bridge or poker cards with room to spare. If the decks are taken out of their tuck boxes, each case would hold 4 decks, 2 stacks of 2, side by side.

Thanks. I meant multiple stacks of poker/TCG sized cards(not Euro or American etc), cause sleeved cards mean they won't fit in a single stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These work great as a storage solution for Dominion. This is not my pic but I use it the same way. The boxes inside are from Trivia Pursuit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
These work great as a storage solution for Dominion. This is not my pic but I use it the same way. The boxes inside are from Trivia Pursuit.

When I saw this, I immediately winced that I picked up a case (for Legendary Encounters) at Harbor Freight yesterday because they had a 25% off coupon and the in-store price was $25 bringing the cost of the case to about $20.

Link to a description: Harbor Freight aluminum case

Then I saw the Michael's price (~$20 on sale, so can't apply coupons) and realized I'd rather have the aluminum case for the same price. The individual boxes inside the Michael's case are pretty nice though (though the aluminum case has a pocket on top which can hold boards and rules which is also good).

Just another option if anyone's looking for storage for big games (like Dominion) rather than a bunch of little ones as originally mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get the 25% off coupon for Harbor Freight?

matlockheed wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

When I saw this, I immediately winced that I picked up a case (for Legendary Encounters) at Harbor Freight yesterday because they had a 25% off coupon and the in-store price was $25 bringing the cost of the case to about $20.

Link to a description: Harbor Freight aluminum case

Then I saw the Michael's price (~$20 on sale, so can't apply coupons) and realized I'd rather have the aluminum case for the same price. The individual boxes inside the Michael's case are pretty nice though (though the aluminum case has a pocket on top which can hold boards and rules which is also good).

Just another option if anyone's looking for storage for big games (like Dominion) rather than a bunch of little ones as originally mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have five cases from Michael's for my small card games. The boxes hold quite a bit. I hadn't thought of using one for Dominion, that's a good idea.

My only caution is open the case and check the individual holders. One brand doesn't close well, the other does (specifically the clasp doesn't work well). I think the Recollections one is the lesser quality, but I honestly can't remember now since I bought mine some time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bizmat wrote:

They send catalogs regularly (I receive more catalogs from them seemingly than anyone else) and they had a 2 day coupon on the cover of the last one (12/31 and 1/1) in addition to a separate 20% off coupon. Harbor Freight almost always has a 20% off coupon active though and I'd take a look at your local flyers if you don't receive their catalogs in the mail.

Also, usually when you're coming up on a holiday, if you ask the person at the register, they'll give you a coupon for the upcoming sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Havard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also found the exact same thing on Amazon for a little cheaper and with other options. 2 pack of the large case (same exact one as Michaels sells) for $36.99. Or you can play around with the options and buy the smaller ones that only fit 6 boxes in them for even cheaper. Excellent reviews as well.

https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Extra-Embellishment-Keeper-Handl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting me know. I'll sign up for the catalogs.

matlockheed wrote:
Bizmat wrote:

They send catalogs regularly (I receive more catalogs from them seemingly than anyone else) and they had a 2 day coupon on the cover of the last one (12/31 and 1/1) in addition to a separate 20% off coupon. Harbor Freight almost always has a 20% off coupon active though and I'd take a look at your local flyers if you don't receive their catalogs in the mail.

Also, usually when you're coming up on a holiday, if you ask the person at the register, they'll give you a coupon for the upcoming sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:
I have five cases from Michael's for my small card games. The boxes hold quite a bit. I hadn't thought of using one for Dominion, that's a good idea.

Would love to see more photos of ideas.
Anyone else using the cases and for what games?
I'm tempted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matlockheed wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

When I saw this, I immediately winced that I picked up a case (for Legendary Encounters) at Harbor Freight yesterday because they had a 25% off coupon and the in-store price was $25 bringing the cost of the case to about $20

Was the HF aluminum case a store only sale? The online/catalog price is quite a bit more than $25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have pic's although when I go to KublaCon Game Convention I can pack in most of the containers two small games each (card games) some of the larger card games I have to fit in their own small case. These are fantastic little boxes in a single carrying case, not sure I would use more than one, although it's super awesome

ToomanyBarts wrote:
Kwill2 wrote:

Would love to see more photos of ideas.
Anyone else using the cases and for what games?
I'm tempted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OgieGamer wrote:
matlockheed wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

When I saw this, I immediately winced that I picked up a case (for Legendary Encounters) at Harbor Freight yesterday because they had a 25% off coupon and the in-store price was $25 bringing the cost of the case to about $20

Was the HF aluminum case a store only sale? The online/catalog price is quite a bit more than $25.

I don't think it was a that-store-only sale. In fact, it wasn't even marked as being on-sale if I remember right. They also had a "black aluminum" version that was about the same price which when I look online, that one shows as $30 (which is a lot closer to the price I was seeing in store).

I have a feeling it's just the difference between in-store and not in-store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
matlockheed wrote:

Is the middle horizontal divider removable/positionable? Being able to re-use my Legendary custom insert, and have room for expansion would be great ... with a Shield logo stenciled on the side

Edit: Found a video review online ... all dividers look removable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
matlockheed wrote:

Is the middle horizontal divider removable/positionable? Being able to re-use my Legendary custom insert, and have room for expansion would be great ... with a Shield logo stenciled on the side :D

Edit: Found a video review online ... all dividers look removable.

Yes, all of the dividers are removable and you wouldn't have enough dividers to setup Legendary well with the included dividers, so you'd need an insert. For my first of these cases, with some patience and a ton of cardboard, I fit 5 and a half columns of penny-sleeved Legendary in the box (for reference, that was every set of Marvel Legendary other than Civil War to date).

And yes, stenciling would be cool. I just don't know if I have the stenciling skill for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Cox
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IdahoGeekette wrote:
The nice photo keeper case useful for small game storage/travel is on sale at Michaels. Works great!

http://www.michaels.com/recollections-color-photo-craft-keep...

AC Moore has a coupon for 15% off sale entire purchase in store including sale items if your Michaels will accept competitor coupons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xynadn wrote:

Tiny epic kingdoms
Hey that's my fish
Coup
Avalon
Rock band manager
Grave diggers.

So did you use their provided smaller cases for each of those games? Or could those games original boxes all fix inside one of these cases, as is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clmdvd wrote:
Xynadn wrote:

Tiny epic kingdoms
Hey that's my fish
Coup
Avalon
Rock band manager
Grave diggers.

So did you use their provided smaller cases for each of those games? Or could those games original boxes all fix inside one of these cases, as is?

Also, could you post a photo of your setup with all of those games inside one of your cases? I'd really like to see their use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:

From this photo, it looks like the lid adds another 1.5" of height to the container. How do you keep all the cards from sliding out and going everywhere inside the container?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

fwiw, If you're looking for cheap storage, the inexpensive $3 Darice 17-compartment box is available at Michael's, and Walmart has a similar version. Look in the bead department.

https://www.michaels.com/darice-17-compartment-bead-organize...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clmdvd wrote:
uniconfis wrote:

From this photo, it looks like the lid adds another 1.5" of height to the container. How do you keep all the cards from sliding out and going everywhere inside the container?

Between the height of the cards and rule books on top, it's never an issue. I can lock it, grab it by the handle and travel without any cards slipping out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.