Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Samurai optional rule: How many samurai markers do you put into the bowl? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Victory point A marker is at 2 points while victory point B marker is at 6 points (2 samurai markers of A were already put into the bowl as soon as B marker reached 3VPs and then 6VPs (and victory A marker was stuck at 2 points on the track)).
Victory A marker then goes up to 7 VPs. My question is: How many samurai markers do player B put into the bowl? In my opinion it should be 1 (even if B marker is at 6 points with two past samurai lines marked on the track at 3VPs and 6 VPs) because you only put a samurai marker into the bowl as soon as it reaches (or it is already on... ????) a 'Samurai line marked on the track but I'm not sure whether it should be zero, one or two samurai markers.
Zero because there is written "when the marker reaches..." not it is already on. In this case B marker should wait until it reaches the next samurai line marked on the track at 9 VPs (with A marker even higher than 9)

thanks

Raimondo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You put 0 samourai. Player B a must wait 9VP for player A because before, he has more VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

In essence you need player A to reach the 9VPs box for player B to get a samurai (with player B at less than 9VPs) or player B to reach 9VPs with player A at more than 9 VPs on its marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mb
Or in other words, a samurai associated with a given VP value (3,6,9,12...) can only be gained by one side? (in the example above, the next available samurai would be the 9VP one.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, i think so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide