Subject: Questions about controll tokens. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys, we enjoyed our first game, but we have some questions regarding the controll tokens.

At set up, you place this tokens face down.

If you succesfully defend a province, you put the token face up.

Now here if where we habe doubts, sometimes a card efect (or something else), instructs you to add a face up token, does this means that all the tokens from my reserve are face down? or that i randomly choose one and place it face up?

Thanks for your help guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So So
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What we figured out is that all control tokens are the same except for crab. So being face down or face up in your reserve pool doesn't matter.
Why the face up v. face down matters on the board is as follows. Face down says "i control this land and i will get the points from the land at the end game. This also counts towards getting the card." Face UP is AFTER the first face down and says "i get a defense bonus and at end game, i get an extra point." Summary..face-up is better, but you don't get a face-up on a land unless you have a face down first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Goblygoop wrote:
What we figured out is that all control tokens are the same except for crab. So being face down or face up in your reserve pool doesn't matter.
Why the face up v. face down matters on the board is as follows. Face down says "i control this land and i will get the points from the land at the end game. This also counts towards getting the card." Face UP is AFTER the first face down and says "i get a defense bonus and at end game, i get an extra point." Summary..face-up is better, but you don't get a face-up on a land unless you have a face down first.

Had no idea that every control token was the same. Thanks for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.