9 Posts

Battlestations: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Missing all character cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter van der Wolk
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Maybe I’m stupid, but I’m missing all character cards. Where in the game box are these usually stored? I only seem to have the plot twist cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter van der Wolk
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hm, I believe I got two packs of plot twist cards. Also, I think I’m missing a starship mini. There’s only one in the box. Damn, never had it this bad before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you only have 1 mini in the box, more if you had added extras. The characters have skills on the backs of them. If you don't have those I'd send Jeff a note at sales@gorillaboardgames.com (I think that's right) or go here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter van der Wolk
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks! I’ll send him a message indeed. Too bad, can’t play tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter van der Wolk
Netherlands
flag msg tools
You know, the component overview is just not detailed enough. With a game as huge as this one and with so many stretch goals, it’s pretty hard to know what you actually should get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the incomplete component overview. One of the problems is that with stretch goals we just kept adding stuff and it was hard to track. Another problem is that I purged some fun-killing cards at the last minute from the plot twist deck and ditched the promo cards in favor of more variety for plot twists.

There is only one starship in the box.

I have had 3 separate people complain that they got two decks of plot twists but no character decks. Out of thousands shipped, that isn't bad but I want to get it right for everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter van der Wolk
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I see . I can imagine that it’s a pretty big undertaking to make a big game like this, so 3 out of a thousand isn’t bad indeed. Still a little bit confused about the 1 ship thing though, but i guess I just need to read the rules a little better. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dewokkel wrote:
Thanks! I’ll send him a message indeed. Too bad, can’t play tonight

This may be a stupid statement and if so, I apologise.

If you turn the unopened plot twist packs face up, one of the packs has only 10 plot twist cards. The rest of the deck is character cards.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
GROWL Kickstarter LIVE - TinyUrl.com/GROWLKS
mbmbmbmbmb
dewokkel wrote:
I see . I can imagine that it’s a pretty big undertaking to make a big game like this, so 3 out of a thousand isn’t bad indeed. Still a little bit confused about the 1 ship thing though, but i guess I just need to read the rules a little better. Thanks!

I think because the game features such a diversity of ship requirements (lots of ships needed in SOME missions and only 1 ship needed in others) that the ships were going to ALL be cardboard. I don't think we really considered putting a ship mini in there until all the other stretch goals were hit, so we scrambled to build a ship mini in the last few days of the campaign. I will try to convince Jeff to add another ship or two ship in the upcoming expansion.

OP: What did you get instead of the character sheets? There are two decks, one has plot twist cards and one has both plot twists and also character sheets. Did you get two copies of just the one deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.