Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably putting to much theme into this but after reading the FAQ & threads here there seems to be some good theme & thought with characters (i.e. the Eagle Rider/Sky Attack/Fire(smoke))

So - would the Wizard's Fireball skills really be (as) effective against the Fire Elementals (fire incinerating fire)?

Maybe there are some good reasons for it to be effective - I'd like it if there were so his skill is not weakened in my game I'm playing right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
It does "explode", so perhaps it disrupts the integrity of the fire elemental minions and they can't hold themselves together. The other explanation I can offer is that it's magical fire, and while mortals might perceive it as "fire" based on its characteristics, the fireball isn't really fire but simply manifests its appearance.

The designer Richard Launius encourages house rules - that's what all the small variants like King's Blessing and Relics are for - so there's nothing stopping you from implementing your own house rule regarding fireballs and fire elementals. Perhap you could say the wizard's attack roll is -1 vs. fire elementals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was thinking of possibly implementing something like the -1 until I found out how crazy it is to play against Brimstone.

It's tough enough wrangling him down while he goes about spreading fires and taking those Fire Elementals around. Entering the hex on fire using then the extra action for that, then battling the elemental(s) too - it's been tough enough.

I'll take your exploding fireball interpretation as good enough for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Brimstone is hard. You want to take Brimstone down as your 1st or 2nd general, otherwise it moves too often to gather a lot of heroes for the general fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - I finally figured that one out after losing about 4 games to fire & taint everywhere devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.