Josiah Davoli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched an Unstable draft on Youtube, and finally decided I'd try it out, however, I'm thinking I'm probably going to get hooked, and would like to find an alternative cheaper set on Ebay.

So quite simply, I hate the really dark theme of Shadows of Inistrad for example, (also how dark in coloring, it's so dark it's hard to see what's going on) from what little I've seen, Unstable isn't like that and would like to know what other sets have that light of a theme, just put your top 5 or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Flowood
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Looking for MTG sets that are really good for drafting and a lighter theme
Drafting is typically done on sets that currently available. While other style drafts do exist, it might be a costly endeavor (depending on sets). You may want to look into a Cube Draft. There are some fun budget builds if you around.

To answer your original question, you may want to look into Conspiracy and Conspiracy: Take the Crown. Both sets were built with draft environment in mind. Last time I looked, they weren't insanely expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Davoli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Christopher, looks like Conspiracy has lighter backgrounds, but has a more multiplayer mechanisms (which I forgot to mention, I'm more interested in 2 player draft)

All the same, I'll look into the cards more before making my decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frantz
United States
Wenatchee
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I you want to do it more than once, Christopher is correct that a Cube would be the way to go. A cube is simply a bunch of cards put together for repeatable drafting. For two players you could keep it small (250 cards would be plenty) and just build a commons or commons and uncommons...basically keep it pretty budget. I'm sure there are some versions already built on cubetutor that you could then straight buy for very minimal (sub $50 most likely if you skip the pricier cards) investment.

Something like this http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/6603 Found this by searching on Budget, but I'm sure you could poke around to find other themed cubes that look fun.

If you only plan on doing it once or twice, then forget the whole Cube thing. I don't really recommend Unstable for new players, but if it looks fun, go ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.