Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we have a group of 4 and 1 of those players is "ahead" via another Charterstone play group, will that player have much of an advantage?
Also, does it make a difference if that person is just one or two plays ahead, or has played through all 12 sessions?
Will this potentially lessen (or possibly ruin) the experience for the 3 new players?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That player is probably going to have a little bit of an advantage knowing what might be coming up next but as long as he/she is not exploiting that knowledge on purpose, it should be fine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kayer
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Yes, I am officially gaming obsessed, I just bought a gaming table!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, but given the fact that there are multiple paths in this game due to end of game options and the permutations to building and crate purchases, it shouldn't be too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played through 9 games and I think there will be a slight advantage to those who have played before. However, without saying too much, you might know what's coming up but that doesn't mean you can exploit it to much benefit. I think as long as everyone has a clear idea as to what scores points at the end of the campaign there shouldn't be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowing what's ahead may lead to a 1 or 2 Glory differential at the end of the campaign. There's not really much they can do differently with advance knowledge, as far I can tell. The biggest advantage they will have is knowing what the results of guideposts are, and working towards winning those to the detriment of everything else in the game. (:

If you are that person with more knowledge, and you want to be nice, try pointing out that meeting the guidepost in game x is REALLY important, or footstomping what looks like it might just be flavortext in future games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.