Subject: Think this will work...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We opened our new copy of Carcassonne over the New Years' weekend, and saw that one of our yellow meeples had been... ...in a terrible accident.

I started typing out a generic request through the Z-Man Games customer service page when I decided to try a different approach...

This is a sad tale of a man - we'll call him Yellownia - who traveled from the far edges of the Earth in search of a magical land called "Carcassonne." He heard such incredible stories of Carcassonne, from people who first told him to Shut up and Sit Down, that he couldn't wait to reach this faraway land in hopes that he might build a city, construct a road, or lay down in a field...

Unfortunately, before he could arrive at Carcassonne and discover its vast riches, he came down with a rare, incurable disease known as Wood Fail. Wood Fail took it's toll on Yellownia, and shortly before reaching the jeweled lands he sought, his head fell off...

In a bizarre twist of fate, Yellownia's 7 siblings and weird-looking pastor-figure all survived the trip, though their maiden adventure in Carcassonne saw them defeated by the Blackonia family. So tragic...

Think that'll work...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
You sure a highwayman didn't just lop his head off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Eh, Journeyman, maybe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor little guy. Did his trip by chance take him through Paris during the French Revolution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe your edition came with a new Guillotine expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Response from Asmodee!

"Tragic indeed. Thankfully his brother also heard tales of “Carcassonne” and is eager to travel there, seeking out riches and the opportunity to avenge his family.
We are more than happy to help you with your request and will send the requested replacement to you at no cost."

I cannot tell you how proud I am that they "played along." Kudos, Asmodee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's quality!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
There can be only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee has stellar customer service in my books!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.