6 Posts

Tao Long: The Way of the Dragon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tiger and Phoenix movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quick question: when using the Tiger & Phoenix from the deluxe version, does one perform the relevant move with both Tiger *and* Phoenix in the Matter Phase, or just one or the other? I perhaps simply overlooked it in the rules, or it’s maybe self-apparent, and I’m just dense.... My guess is that it’s one or the other, but not sure.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules:
Every action taken affects both creatures.
1) Move both creatures in any order.
2) Perform bite effects from both if possible
2b) Absorb/Expel only happens once as only the tiger can use water, and phoenix, fire.
3) Perform extra spirit phases just once, if applicable.

Also, BOTH creatures have to be blocked for you to not be able to perform an action. So if at least one can move, you can still take your action (in which case you just move 1 creature)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I look forward to trying this Twin Tin Bots effect in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for this! Not sure how, but I apparently somehow missed looking at one side of the rules pamphlet three times in a row.... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been missing a lot of rules these last 2 weeks, so don't feel bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually just played this for the first time and I read it differently. It actually says in the book “In any situation EACH creature that cannot perform an action ignores it completely and takes 1 damage”.

That came up because my tiger and phoenix were facing in different directions - the tiger could move, but the phoenix couldn’t, so the tiger moved, and the phoenix didn’t but took one damage. In my case he only had one fire, so the phoenix got removed from the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.