Subject: To new roads rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously,just getting started and have a few,initial questions.
1)to new roads references after resting for the night,you regain 2 skills.I hadn’t lost any at that point,so I’m Guessing that after resting a night,one gains 2 Skill points...?or does the paragraph booklets specifically have to reference that?.....Also..no time passed references..I would think that after resting a night time would have passed...right?
2)Another reference to time passing...to many roads reads “Time Passes”but gives no specific amount of time....how does one handle that?.....thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Regaining skill points has no effect if you don't have any disabled due to damage. You do not gain skill points from this. You can get new skills in this game, but it will specifically tell you this.

The "time passes" phrase means to mark 1 spot on the time track. There can be cases when multiple time passes, but again the game will specifically tell you this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If you haven't disabled any skills, you don't gain anything.
1a. If you are earning progress toward learning a new skill, it will explicitly tell you to mark X progress in Y area on the Dragonholt sheet.
1b. Time tracked is a bit arbitrary and is not based on a fixed unit of time (so you aren't marking of X hours every time). It's more of a progress indicator. Only mark time as passed if the book tells you to.

2. Any time you see the phrase Time Passes, you mark 1 time box on the appropriate sheet. In this case, you would mark it on the the To New Roads quest sheet. If you need to mark more than one time, it will explicitly tell you to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris..
Thanks...question number one had more to do with regaining the skill points I had chosen to lose when I was instructed by a paragraph to lose 2 skill points...
Must I rely on the paragraphs instructing me to regain x amount of lost skill points after resting?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:
Chris..
Thanks...question number one had more to do with regaining the skill points I had chosen to lose when I was instructed by a paragraph to lose 2 skill points...
Must I rely on the paragraphs instructing me to regain x amount of lost skill points after resting?
Thanks
Are you sure it didn’t instruct you to lose stamina points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
hodges69 wrote:
Chris..
Thanks
Are you sure it didn’t instruct you to lose stamina points?

This. I'm not sure what you mean by skill points...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How stupid of me...stamina points indeed....game changer that...after reading the rules ....for such,I understand ...big difference there...if I assume that ALL actions are strictly paragraph dependent,would I be spot on? It certainly appears that way..
Thanks for everyone’s input...I know it is not easy dealing with a senior...😀
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.