United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Gaming Annex in Muskegon
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
We keep meticulous data concerning our Twilight Imperium games. This tradition started with TI3 and continues through to the new edition. We record the races, the objectives and the players. This allows us to see patterns in what races are weak/strong, which objectives are easy/hard etc.

We’ve recorded four TI4 sessions so far.

We’ve had four different races win so far. This is in part because the sample size is small. Also, people are trying the same race again when they lose because they want a rematch.

This shows how many times these public objectives have been scored. At the top: Develop Weaponry. Everyone loves getting their favorite ships upgraded. So this objective is a gimme. The 8 influence for Sway the Council isn’t hard for most races to muster.

Interpreting the secret objectives is a bit harder. Scoring Learn the Secrets of the Cosmos seems easy enough because all the red border systems are typically in play. Scoring Unveil Flagship seems tough because you could get it smashed by Destroy their greatest ship.

The Yin seem versatile enough to take Imperial and hold Mecatol Rex. In our games, we have a bit of group think regarding Imperial/Mecatol Rex. The first person there can set up camp a bit too long. The only exception was our 11/26/2017 game where MR changed hands. Even there The Mindnet held on for 3 points.

I have the raw data available for people who want to analyze it further. I’ll continue to accumulate data and write more session reports as we play more games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Glad to see you are upkeeping your records Chris. Did you ever write a review/comparison on how you feel about TI4 vs. TI3?

halbower wrote:
We keep meticulous data concerning our Twilight Imperium games. This tradition started with TI3 and continues through to the new edition. We record the races, the objectives and the players. This allows us to see patterns in what races are weak/strong, which objectives are easy/hard etc.

We’ve recorded four TI4 sessions so far.

We’ve had four different races win so far. This is in part because the sample size is small. Also, people are trying the same race again when they lose because they want a rematch.

This shows how many times these public objectives have been scored. At the top: Develop Weaponry. Everyone loves getting their favorite ships upgraded. So this objective is a gimme. The 8 influence for Sway the Council isn’t hard for most races to muster.

Interpreting the secret objectives is a bit harder. Scoring Learn the Secrets of the Cosmos seems easy enough because all the red border systems are typically in play. Scoring Unveil Flagship seems tough because you could get it smashed by Destroy their greatest ship.

The Yin seem versatile enough to take Imperial and hold Mecatol Rex. In our games, we have a bit of group think regarding Imperial/Mecatol Rex. The first person there can set up camp a bit too long. The only exception was our 11/26/2017 game where MR changed hands. Even there The Mindnet held on for 3 points.

I have the raw data available for people who want to analyze it further. I’ll continue to accumulate data and write more session reports as we play more games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not. I’m still feeling out TI4. I’ll know for sure after s few more plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Holman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is this template available somewhere? Would love to keep these records myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s in Excel. PM me and I’ll shoot it over to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.