Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Variants

Subject: Enemies respawn face up when not placed in or adjacent to space with survivor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Nielsen
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
After an enemy is killed, if the new enemy is not being placed in or adjacent to a space with a Survivor, then place that enemy face up.

My group got tired of 'Kill an X' quests getting stuck when the enemies are face down and several of the agenda cards that would activate that enemy are out of the deck. We also wanted more targets. Playtested this a few times with each scenario, and it works very well.

It permits farming to some degree, and one player got distracted by repeatedly killing raiders for XP and loot. He realized after a while that most of his XP was just going into getting perks to kill more raiders, and most of his loot was being sold to feed his pipe rifle, so he wasn't actually making much progress. He was having fun with it though.

We first tried it without the adjacency test, but that spawned enemies too fast. Once most of the Deadly tiles were revealed, the level 3 enemies ended up pushing the Survivors back towards Crossroads Camp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhys Corlett
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
I brought this without thinking it through
badge
I don't have to explain my art to you
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that same problem... but if you're not playing the default rules (where the game ends after main quest progression/agenda-deck progression) this would result in an unending flood of baddies.
We're leaning towards a separate activation deck that's not depleted when agendas are distributed.

If we were ever playing a 'standard' game I'd definitely look at this, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.