Scott Ross Spurgeon
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

(1)
A promoted Burnal tows a Freighter, a Thruster, and a Colonist. After the Burnal moves (on its own thruster) it stops.

Can a Rocket be made (separate out the components from the Burnal) and execute its Movement this turn?

Can the Freighter separate out and execute a Movement?

(2)

Can a GW Thruster use its afterburner (thrust increase) for the calculations getting down to/off a large planet/moon? (Thrust > size rule)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No.
From the living rules (chapter "F"):
Cards, figures, and fuel (e.g. stored on the fuel strip) that have already moved for a year cannot move again.

2. Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For #1, the printed rules also contain (under M2) the statement that no card can be moved or digitally swapped twice in a turn. (Note that most if not all non-card items that can be in a stack, like FFTs, are considered cards for this rule.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ross Spurgeon
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

I've been delivering FFTs and using them the same turn (I'll stop that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spurge wrote:
Thanks

I've been delivering FFTs and using them the same turn (I'll stop that).

Hmmm. It depends on what you mean by "using them." You can deliver FFTs and, for example, add them as fuel to a rocket stock. Or spend them as cash if delivered to home orbit/LEO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Booth
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Spurge wrote:
(2) Can a GW Thruster use its afterburner (thrust increase) for the calculations getting down to/off a large planet/moon? (Thrust > size rule)

Yes, though note that GW/TW thrusters are special and that instead of spending N fuel for 1 TMP, they spend 1 fuel for N TMP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anarcho Paladin
msg tools
arjisme wrote:
You can deliver FFTs and, for example, add them as fuel to a rocket stock. Or spend them as cash if delivered to home orbit/LEO.

Can you move that fueled rocket the same year? Are FFTs the same "card" than the fuel they become?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Booth
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes with caveats. You can load FFT's into a rocket then move it as long as the FFT's started the turn in the same place (FFT's follow the same rules that say cards cannot move twice in a turn)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anarcho Paladin
msg tools
cathexis wrote:
Yes with caveats. You can load FFT's into a rocket then move it as long as the FFT's started the turn in the same place (FFT's follow the same rules that say cards cannot move twice in a turn)

So, just to be sure, if I fuel a rocket with FFTs I just moved, I cannot move my rocket before the next year/turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.