Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven De Backer
Belgium
Lier
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran across the following question when playing the game the first time.

When you add a route card to your journey at the end of an advance action, can you resolve the immediate danger on that card only by playing an action card with an identical symbol? Or can you also make use of the other resolving methods (play 2 action cards with identical symbols or lose an energy point) at this moment in the game?

I am confused as only the first method is explicitly mentioned in the rules under immediate dangers, but the rules then also immediately refer to the section where the other two options are explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Immediate dangers

If the route card just picked up has an immediate danger icon (indicated by a dark background), the player can immediately discard an action card from their hand with the same symbol to resolve it and place a 'Resolution' disk on top of it (see page 4: 'Resolve dangers')."

My read of the rules is that the immediate dangers do need to be resolved with a single card and a matching symbol. I read the reference to the Resolve dangers section of the rules as simply referring to the process of putting a disk on top of the symbol. (At that point in the rules, nothing has been discussed about covering dangers.)

Seems that this immediate action being addressed under "Advance" is very specific and limited - "an action card" and "with the same symbol."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Corral de Diego
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
designer
CRUSOE: Comming soon (2012)
mbmbmbmbmb
sorourke wrote:
"Immediate dangers

If the route card just picked up has an immediate danger icon (indicated by a dark background), the player can immediately discard an action card from their hand with the same symbol to resolve it and place a 'Resolution' disk on top of it (see page 4: 'Resolve dangers')."

My read of the rules is that the immediate dangers do need to be resolved with a single card and a matching symbol. I read the reference to the Resolve dangers section of the rules as simply referring to the process of putting a disk on top of the symbol. (At that point in the rules, nothing has been discussed about covering dangers.)

Seems that this immediate action being addressed under "Advance" is very specific and limited - "an action card" and "with the same symbol."

Correct.
When you draw a two symbols route card, can play inmediately only one card with the same symbol as dark background icon, for cover this icon with a black disk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification, Alberto!

We've only had the game for a few days and it's already come to the table many times. It's a very difficult but beautiful game you have designed. My son and I have only gotten to the duel with Colonel Ogareff once and we lost rather convincingly. We'll beat him someday.

We're really enjoying it! Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven De Backer
Belgium
Lier
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems that I've played it right then. Thanks to all for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Corral de Diego
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
designer
CRUSOE: Comming soon (2012)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for playing! and sorry for my bad english...soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.