10 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mindthief Augments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Funktastic

Antarctica
msg tools
Does the Mindthief gain the experience on an augment card even if he/she doesn't perform the action?

I'm specifically thinking about the Attack +2 for Melee. When playing the Augment there is also Attack 1 with 1 Experience. Often I don't have a target for the attack 1, I just like getting the augment out early. If I don't use that initial Attack 1, do I get the experience 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Wongsa
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you get the experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've been doing THAT wrong. And it's going to be a bummer for when I'm trying to get that fewer-than-7-XP battle goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DMountford wrote:
Well, I've been doing THAT wrong. And it's going to be a bummer for when I'm trying to get that fewer-than-7-XP battle goal.

You get two to choose from - on the mindthief, that’s a very good one to discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
DMountford wrote:
You understand you can always use a card for the Attack 2, right? Or perhaps, did you misinterpret this to mean that ALL attacks with an augment gain experience? This is not the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have it right. When trying to limit my XP, I was placing my augments when I didn't have a melee attack to do at the same time, so I would avoid getting the XP. But if I get the XP anyway for placing the attack, my strategy was A. stupid because I was wasting an attack and B. useless in keeping my XP low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Moura
msg tools
If the card has a big experience number in it you get it as long as you use any ability on that side of the card. Now if it is a small experience number in front a specific ability on the card you only get it if that specific ability were used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As if the mindthief needed even more ways to get experience...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get the +2 bump on the attack 1 of the augment card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Roaas
Norway
Kongsberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Do you get the +2 bump on the attack 1 of the augment card?

You get the augment effect on the Attack 1 ability right after the augment ability, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.