Whitehall Mystery» Forums » General

Subject: Any good with 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Rose
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, is this game any good with 2? I see it is rated best with 2 but the votes are pretty low overall.

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's ideal with two, I rarely play with more. It's easier to play as the police when you're planning and controlling all three figures.

The trade off is the analysis and discussion that happens when there's multiple police players. It's a different experience to talk aloud and work together, even for Jack who overhears everything and may grow increasingly anxious or amused.

However, two players saves time and, given that playing the police is largely a logical deductive process, the communal analysis/discussion changes the experience of playing but not one's ability to win and play optimally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Craddock
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two players is the way to go. IMO, it's a two player game that can accommodate up to four, not the other way around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Rose
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two excellent replies. Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
averydylan wrote:
Two players is the way to go. IMO, it's a two player game that can accommodate up to four, not the other way around.

Though I haven't played with more than 2, this makes sense to me. Also, the great part of this game is that it can be so quick, more so with two players I'd guess.

Fantastic two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Rose
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. Played 2 games so far and love it. Definitely an excellent 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmb
I have this ordered, and from what I've gathered, I think the 2p game is the cleaner/quicker but maybe quieter game

2+p games seem to be more chaotic/social (duh)/funny but maybe longer.

I'll also be playing this game as 2p, but I will be missing the experience of me being Jack and one police saying "I'm sure he's right there! (where I am)" and then someone else saying "No he's not. That would be stupid. We should go there."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.