Jonas Lod
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are there any notes yet on how many scenario's this expansion will feature? Or what kind of? Lots of combat, mystery..? Length? Difficulty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Carlson
United States
Cloquet
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From FFG website:

"Within the lavish rooms of the Silver Twilight Lodge, the most influential citizens of Arkham gather to forge business alliances, plan parades, and lobby politicians. In secret, they also meet to enact forbidden rituals with dark consequences. The poor souls who discover this truth often vanish, never to be seen again.

Sanctum of Twilight is an expansion for Mansions of Madness Second Edition that unites two new investigators against the Order of the Silver Twilight in two thrilling scenarios. With new spells, items, mechanics, and a new monster, this expansion immerses players in the Arkham Files universe as they confront the dangers threatening Arkham from within."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alaska Saedelaere
msg tools
mbmb
From the preview: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/6/sanctum...

A Cordial Invitation

"The Sanctum of Twilight expansion unlocks two new digital adventures for you to continue your adventures in Arkham. Behind Closed Doors begins with a peaceful stroll through the park. For once, no desperate friends, sudden phone calls, or mysterious notes have disrupted your plans. But somehow, you cannot shake the feeling that someone is watching you. A chill breeze soon sweeps the sensation away, but the sense of paranoia sticks with you. Another denizen of the park walks just behind you and you cannot shake the feeling that something is not right, when suddenly your world goes black.

You awake in a dark cell, the cold from the stone floor beneath you creeping uncomfortably into your skin. How long were you out? What is this place? And most importantly, how do you get out?

Then, in Twilight Diadem, the annual Twilight Fair hosted by the powerful Silver Twilight Lodge lights up the streets of Arkham. As per tradition, on the last day of the Fair a young debutante is crowned the Queen of Love and Beauty at the Twilight Ball. But when this year’s queen, Mary Ann Chase, comes to you insisting that the Silver Twilight Lodge is up to something sinister, you know that you are the only one who can help her. The Twilight Fair, she insists, is not all that it seems."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles O
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the website was extremely accurate. 2 scenarios. 2 investigators. 1 monster and 5 tiles.

$29.95. Feels like I got hit from behind by the Sheldon Gang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madmortigan wrote:
Yep, the website was extremely accurate. 2 scenarios. 2 investigators. 1 monster and 5 tiles.

While reading this I did laugh at this but on a real note... FFGs and/or Asmodee please take note, while we are still buying these expansions especially for this game (one of my favorite games next to Star Wars Rebellion to play)... For a $30 price point, can we please get more content? If at the very least DO NOT use these cheap/ paper folded boxes... The art on this is great but my box is showing stress damage already... I miss your older boxes! Please don't go to these cheap boxes, keep the old ones, better sits on the shelf and won't degrade as fast!🤣

-Thanks-! (End of Rant)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madmortigan wrote:

Umm.. Matthew Carlson's quote (second post) clearly outlines three additional elements: new spells, new items and new mechanics.

Can't say that validates the price point till I get my hands on a copy, but it's not as pat or simplistic as you make it sound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait till you get your hands on the cheap/folded paper box.. then give your feedback but then again, we did play and enjoyed one of the scenarios!🤣
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mb
Just for an alternate viewpoint...

MUCH of the work and content we paid for here was put into the app. Just because it isn’t in the box doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or didn’t cost anything to produce. (Artwork, programming, writing, betatesting, etc.)

In a small box expansion like this, I am glad for the throw-away box that doesn’t take up any room on my already crowded shelves!

And I don’t think FFG has any plans to do away with regular boxes. Streets of Arkham was a full box expansion and had a regular box. If you played the original Mansions of Madness 1st ed., you know it had plastic fold-pack small expansions. This is a similar thing.

I’m enormously pleased with all things MOM so far, and hope FFG keeps up the good work.

YMMV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.